Can we get asap an official statement and confirmation (incl. fix period) for WASM and joystick/throttle issues?

I really really really love this sim, spend almost every evening my time flying, and I don’t like to critize, but introducing these bugs is really not acceptabel. The fact that with every update something breaks, does make you wonder about the learning curve of Asobo/MS in this respect. It starts to look like disregard for users. Especially because they were warned upfront by the add on developers that this issue would happen with this update.

I cannot use my home cockpit equipment anymore, and ESC to the menu’s makes the throttle/mixture go idle.

I simply cannot understand how this happens, and it would be a great sign of respect from Asobo/MS to at least quickly confirm the bugs and let us know what will happen.

4 Likes

Same for me!

ESC to the menus makes flaps and spoilers go full, a few updates before.
TCA thrustmaster set.

well, i guess the imminent release of msfs for xbox was responsible for their changes. i know some people used “inventive” wasm code and were already doing all sorts of things with the sim. microsoft is probably scared that ordinary people could use some random wasm code sooner or later to break out of the holy xbox jail and exploit their gaming platform to its fullest. just imagine that the “microsoft flight simulator” was responsible for an exploit for the “microsoft xbox”, hahaha.

they (microsoft and asobo) already have our money - currently only addon-providers still earn a fair share from us playing the game. to grow the market share and make more money anyway, other users will need to join and this will be the coming user base of the xbox community.

however, in order for this game to become released for the xbox platform in the near future, microsoft will make sure that no jailbreak issue will arise due to this game getting released. so, they - microsoft - made asobo to just get “rid” of this gateway to failure and to find a solution for it some other way around.

we might not be happy about it but i certainly think that we’re not that important at the moment anymore.

just my 5 cent, though.

The only official response we’ll hear is:

1. The team is aware of it.
  2. They’re looking into it.

I doubt we’ll see action on it until the next major update.

ya, it will take them time to find a proper solution, i agree. third-party-devs however are probably venting like heck since they are actually losing money already just while developing for this sim since it can’t be used like before anymore. i mean, even msfs own sdk examples crash the game !

not to mention the support tickets going to many third party devs right now asking why their shiat doesn’t work as expected anymore.

None of those 3rd party vendors are MS / Asobo “partners” though. So they rank no higher on the pecking order as us end users do. But you can bet if the update had broken the CRJ, there would already have been a hotfix out.

aerosoft is and they are using lvars / hvars heavily while already developing further add on planes. i cannot use my hotas anymore due to their changes the way i like it but i didn’t blame aerosoft - others do.

pmdg is right now in the development phase and will not be happy either.

people spent and are still spending so much money for equipment and lots of it just doesn’t function anymore as before.

so, i beg to differ.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.