Can we get official comment regarding a hotfix?

I fly the TBM. I have GTX1080, i7-9700k, 32 gig Ram 2666MHz, and SSD.

Like i said, i was getting 50-60 fps prior to update. Now I’m 20 and below at times. I’m not going to change anything until i see if they can fix it. Thanks for taking the time to list your specs.

3 Likes

Good for you, but not for the 200 hundred plus with reported issues (last time I checked).

3 Likes

Yeah that sounds like a bad impact somewhere. Hopefully they get it sorted soon. With my system I stick at around 30FPS anyway with High settings but at least it‘s smooth for the most time.

I had a massive loss of frames and stutters in P3D lately. I found it was my gaming mouse programm set to a polling rate of 1000Hz. Pointless in the sim of course, but setting this to 125Hz fixed all my issues with bad FPS and increased my P3D from low 20 to high 30s. Maybe worth a check if you have such a mouse.

We never got a Hotfix for scenery spikes, so I highly doubt we’ll get one for the poor tree lods just like we haven’t for the poor POI lods either.

Same here for me as well. 1080ti with 457.30 and runs ok as well

1 Like

I’m just using a standard MS mouse plugged into USB. No settings available.

Hotfix = recognized GENERAL bug
I have no problems like a lot of other users so no hotfix will be released
IMO

did a flight about 3 hrs and in approach i lost about 10-20 fps
First got 20-40 fps and around approach/landing only about 10 fps
Intel i5-2500K(running at 4x 4000MHz), RX 580 8GB, 16GB RAM DDR3 1600MHz, 1TB WD Blue SSD (2,5" Sata)
Before update i had no problems with fps drop

Certainly agree with the slide show after about 1 1/2 hours of flight into EGKK A32N. Not present before update.

It’s strange how performance affects people differently I am actually experiencing the best performance I’ve had in the sim,
Get between 24 and 50 FPS stutter free fairly powerful system being

i9 10850k
Rtx 3080
32gb ddr4 @ 32000mhz
And a wired connection on 60mbps

I have observed all my available vram being resourced so might upgrade to 64GB of ram at 36000mhz and hope that puts some load off the vram

My settings are ultra preset with lod and sliders at 200% also I’m on 4K

Yesterday I noticed that traffic nameplates cost me around 7fps. So if you didn’t try this option, maybe turn them off and see if that gives at least a little relief.
If you’re using the UIMOD hiddenui, you can simply toggle them with backspace and see how big the effect on fps is for you.

To me it seems like the loading of PG/Bing data is now heavier on the CPU than before, blocking resources on MainThread. In areas with PG I get heavy stutters but not because of GPU load.
So I doubt all the tweaks around graphics drivers will help as long as the CPU/MainThread is the bottleneck in these situations.

1 Like

I think there may be two distinct FPS issues since Sim Update 3.

First is the lower FPS which is constant. People are reporting 10-20 FPS drop and much much lower GPU utilization.

Second is the intermittent FPS drop which is severe and occurs at some intervals but when it happens it is short lasting around 30-60 seconds.

Something in Sim Update 3 has screwed this up.

6 Likes

This started with WU3, not SU3. It just still isn’t fixed.

They said in the Q&A they hadn’t experienced it on their test rigs but found via Zendesk tickets a specific hardware setup that was causing issues, and they were working on a fix for that. Wasn’t clear to me if that was THE issue or one of many issues, but I got the feeling they think it is the latter.

My performance is buttery with my rig:
5800x
32GB 3200mhz
Samsung 970evo plus OS drive
Sabrent Q 1TB FS2020 drive

Will be really interesting if we can find out what is causing issues for some people but not others.

I tried going back to NVIDIA 457.3 even though I wasn’t having any problems, just to see if it made any difference. It did, much much worse with lots of stuttering. Back to latest game ready driver (462.72? I can’t remember) and it’s smooth again.

Considering their initial outright refusal to release a hotfix for the flap problem I don’t know what would be serious enough for Asobo to proactively work on a hotfix.

1 Like

They said in the Q&A they are discussing it, but need to find what to fix first.

Discussing it… you’ll forgive me if I don’t hold my breath :slight_smile:

Not noticed any tree lod change with the patch. Anyone got any hard evidence of this, ie before/ after screenshots?

By the way, do we have an official date for the now combined WU4+SU4 release?
In the development roadmap of yesterday it’s only stating WU4 as “early april”, will that include the SU4 now?
So if there’s no hotfix, we’d have to wait at least a month.
Due to the combination of WU+SU, if either of both needs a delay, all will be delayed, leaving us even longer with issues. Well…

Sure… but realise the “finding what to fix” bit is what’s actually happening right now.