Can we get official comment regarding a hotfix?

They said it was to give them more time, I assumed it would be WU4 being pushed back to SU4? You’re right though it is unclear.

2 Likes

And nowhere in there is a consistent before and after screenshot comparison of the base sim

You sound arrogant. Users and that includes me never experienced the performance drop before the update. That means the update is the problem… Get it? If you want I can give you a short flight to fly… FACT direct to FAWC and climb to 9000 feet. Let’s see what you get. Remember to set “TERRAIN LEVEL OF DETAIL” to 200.
Cheers

4 Likes

You don’t understand the issue. Read this thread:

And this

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/tree-draw-distance-reduced-again-with-sim-update-3/376306/50

And this

1 Like

Actually, Jorg said they were combining Sim Update 4 and World Update 5.

World Update 4 is still a standalone release.

1 Like

Okay, which means either we get WU5 earlier than initially planned or SU4 will be delayed. Or both.

But they anyway provided sim updates and bugfixes in the World Updates as well, so WU4 will probably contain some of them as well.

Read it all before and I do understand the issue. And still no one is showing a before and after screenshot of the issue to show the impact it has. Even the OP in one the threads said “it’s not very obvious”. All I was wondering is if someone has a clear “it used to look like this” and “now it looks like that” comparison. That’s all

How is this post not enough of a proof?
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/trees-lod-after-sim-update-3-no-fun-anymore/376917/7?u=coppersens

Because none of these pics are side by side, like for like pre v post of the base sim - they are comparing the versions with/without the mod. Not saying that’s not a valid comparison, but all I am wondering is, for those not using the mod, what does the difference pre/post the last patch look like?

EDIT: and even these comparisons with the mod aren’t great given they are not using the same lighting/weather

Not much, those who were satisfied with default scenery can still enjoy the same barren landscapes as before.

For those wanting the original tree distance back there were mods, those mods no longer work properly as Asobo removed the ability to change it without having to increase terrain LOD beyond 200.

The tree LOD isn’t important and not game breaking at all. Definitely an issue that can be fixed within the regular update schedule. The important things are the FPS issues, because they are game breaking and people cannot play properly because of this issue. No one cares about the tree draw distance, if you can not even get there to see any trees.

3 Likes

OK, so time to dust off this post:

Been a while since I looked at this (this was originally back in September). When I get time tonight, I’ll add in what these look like today with/without the mod, and see how we think the sim visuals have changed since back then.

EDIT: It would also have helped if the OP had noted the issue as “Tree LOD mod no longer working” as that actually seems to be the real issue

1 Like

You can’t be serious with this attitude. When Trees LOD is not important for You, it does NOT mean it is not important for other players. You are not community spokesperson.

For me and thousand other players Trees LOD is game breaking.

In real life I do not read books for example, and I can not imagine going into public meeting and yelling “We need to destroy local library, because I do not read books, I do not care about others”…

4 Likes

So, I can switch your argument and say the exact same thing. It is one simple thing:

1. Tree LOD: Visual Bug
  2. FPS issue: Gameplay Bug

If your gameplay doesn’t work, you can’t benefit the visuals. If a visual doesn’t work, you can still play the game. Your definition of “game breaking” is kind of strange.

5 Likes

Please discuss things, not people

6 Likes

You know the attitude we always run into. A problem that isn’t my problem isn’t a problem at all for anyone else lol.

5 Likes

I agree with the post . I would like to see some clarity on this issue . While some may not have a good experience others do . This FPS issue is a pretty big problem. Needs to be addressed ASAP.

5 Likes