Can we get official comment regarding a hotfix?

This is OP. Please stick to the topic so this thread isn’t closed. Thanks

2 Likes

Yeah, let’s not get waylaid from the reason we’re all here; to get an official comment about a hotfix.

3 Likes

Okay, I think the LOD issue, you can somehow live with it until the next update but the performance issue that many of us see here, that really needs a hotfix update!

3 Likes

As i took some of the screens I can clearly say, that it is hard to compare between the updates as we have no chance on rolling back to one older version, even if we could there are still changes ongoing serverside, which can change the visual experience.

Best practice would be to take sceenshots on every version for every eventuality that could happen in your mind. But weather and lighting should not have an impact on how far trees are drawn in the engine. Its clear that if you zoom in that the sim does not allow to draw trees any further anymore, its undependant of how you change the .xmls settings.

The standard LOD on objects has not degraded in this patch, I stated something like that in another topic. The standard LOD on trees and objects is fairly low at this point, using LOD200 will give you trees in an about 2.5nm range ring.
The mod allowed users to extend the LOD of trees to about 10nm before sim update 3, with now a maximum of about 5nm is possible. These are just estimates, you can fairly easily replicate them in GMAPS.

Conclusion for me was, that the Trees won’t be called as long a certain LD of the ground layer is not matched. This was clearly a change in the sims code, but it is still not affecting your standard settings, as you can still extend the distance of the trees by raising the global LOD to 300/400 or whatever you are fancy. My question is why they did that, as the trees have almost no footprint on the performance.

+Edit: Still the performance thing is more important, I’m suffering the nervous breakdowns of the sim to 10/15 fps as well. Dunno why people getting mad at eachother here now… things still should be productive if we want solutions :wink:

My sim is now officially rendered useless. A significant drop in fps a few minutes after flying is unacceptable and irresponsible. I am seriously considering dropping my support for this sim. I’ve spent a lot of money on add-ons and I’m questioning whether I made the right choice. A sim that at first signified pleasure is now agonizing. From the reduction in LOD, to damaging coastlines, to removing watermasks, to broken APs, to now unacceptable performance. I’m livid because I can no longer use my investment.

13 Likes

Perhaps not game breaking, but it’s very immersion breaking and looks awful in VR where immersion is absolutely key. So I’d argue yes it is important, just like the terrain spikes that we suffered for weeks, just like the poor POI lods that we’ve suffered for months, all immersion breaking in their own way.

A realistic aviation simulator is, after all, striving for immersion, these issues need fixing and sooner rather than later.

Hello there. As some of you mentioned and pointed to Jorg said that we are thinking of the possibility of a hotfix. I do not know the status nor the decision around but will reach out to Jorg and the team and will respond once I can/know more details. Thanks for the input here.

Royal

22 Likes

Oh wow, thinking about it since three days. A hotfix is a hotfix because of the quick response, not only thinking hot air makes it a hotfix.

3 Likes

Been using 457.30 since it came out and stuck with it as it has been providing the best performance. That was until the last update where performance has just tanked.

System Specs:
asrock z390 phantom gaming mobo
I7-9700k @ 4.9 GHz
32 GB Ram
Geforce RTX 2070 running 1440p Acer monitor
FS is on dedicated 500gb M.2
Internet download speed average 450 Mbps

2 Likes

Not the best example but at least you can see the trees were drawn further back then:

2 Likes

Wow, thousands (yes thousands!) of posts generated within hours of horror stories about how this update screwed up the Sim so bad for so many and yet, every now and then you read a successful story that everything working fine on their system. Three versions of the Sim, Steam. MS store and DVD. Part of the big issue is how the patch installs. I have Steam and the patch went smooth the first time but it made the Sim unplayable, 5 FPS on the main screen and I have the fastest RTX 3090 money can buy! ( and yes, all cores at 5Ghz) After several CTDs the update restarted on its own and installs itself on a totally different drive and I ended up with two 160 gigs installations. I deleted the whole thing and I am waiting for the hotfix. before installing the Sim again. When Software is unstable, it can behave different every single time and for this OP obviously it worked the first time. But there are too many other issues too. Too many problems to so many tell you something…

5 Likes

I’d be happy for them to delay any world or sim updates to work on DX12 even if it takes 3 months to complete.

3 Likes

First time noticing. Big diff.

1 Like

It’s not just GPU drivers that can be the issue, It can be the video card itself. If we’re running different Geforce cards, a certain driver may work great for me and not so great for your card. So we can’t always pin it on one particular driver across the board for everyone. In my case I still run a 1080 which IMO is still a great card (for me anyway) and I found that 461.09 made such an improvement that I locked that one in the vault just in case the latest driver doesn’t cut it.

Something has changed, when I’m parked at my local airport where I test the settings of the sim, my card was only using 8.5GB of Vram, now in the same spot and same settings, conditions etc (it’s a saved flight) my card is using 10.5GB of Vram. Little or no headroom now if I want to fly into a busy area, card temperature is up by around 5 degrees.

DX12 might come with its own share of issues:

These are zoomed in?

I dont think thats being caused by DX12

This can be seen easily, when running the seasons paid mod trees in the distance have been rolled back 10 to 15% there about. I saw nothing in the update information related to the decreased draw distances or any information related to ecosystem LOD. Micro stutter is very evident. A hot fix is needed.

PACO572

PACO is one of the more reasonable and levelheaded persons in this forum. If he thinks a hotfix is needed then a hotfix is needed.

2 Likes