Can we have a positive day please?

I don’t know where you get the idea from I only see black and white and I’m not saying we shouldn’t make any negative comments if we find something wrong with the product, I just thought it would be nice to give it a rest today and concentrate on the good rather than the bad. Obviously it won’t appeal to everyone…

2 Likes

If we find positive things, we’ll be happy to. What is going on here in the run-up again is cruel. My SIM is no longer running and I certainly do not delete all purchased airports.

Heya!

I grew up in Bristol, so I’m bias, but here are some real-world images of what should hopefully be included in the in-sim photogrammetry:

Clifton Suspension Bridge

2x ships - SS Great Britain and The Mathew (the latter actually sails so may not have been docked when the PG imagery was taken)

Floating Harbour including restored victorian steam trains and cranes! (interested how this works out, the water level in the river to the left should be lower than the harbour to the right, in other areas it results in streets being ‘flooded’)

2 Likes

Sorry it’s got you feeling that way. I’m an addon developer too… been doing it for the past 24 years! Sure there’s a lot still missing in MSFS that we were used to in previous versions, and many other things we have to workaround or do differently, but I’m sure everything will work out in the end. Hang in there.

3 Likes

Congrats on your new PC. Want to share specs so we can drool?

I like your wishful thinking and positivity. Keep it up!

1 Like

Wow! I’ll get my C152 mod up to scratch and check it out! No need to fly by, I’ll do a 60-knot fly over and enjoy the view.

Do you think the bridge will be modeled so as to allow flying under the span? Most bridges are solid under the span roadway–or such has been my experience.

1 Like

Your attitude towards the challenges is quite appreciated!

Haha I REALLY hope so! Some bridges do let you fly under, I hope they’ve done that… It would defo require some hand-crafting- to make that the case, though.

Clifton Suspension Bridge is quite famous over here but I guess it depends if they’ve made it into a point of interest…

Either way, Bristol should make for a really nice tour in the 152. Take off from EGGD Rwy 27 towards the Bristol channel. Make a left circuit over Blagdon and Chew Valley lakes. Once over the second lake, turn dead north and keep going until you see Clifton Suspension Bridge ahead, Bristol city centre and the floating harbour is to your right. Once you’ve successfully been reported by all the Bristol residents with your low fly by’s of the city centre, head north over the suspension bridge following the River Avon through the gorge, and you get to Avonmouth Docks and the Bristol Channel, with Wales beyond. Turn left and follow the coast until you reach Clevedon, then head southeast again and the airport should be dead ahead of you.

This headline made me laugh. Haha it’s up to Asobo on how this goes. If it breaks the sim then don’t count on it .

1 Like

Thank you for your understanding; and yes, I feel ignored by Asobo as developer and as a customer of the product MSFS, as well. Trying to get in contact with Asobo did not succeed; there was not even a “thank you for your input, but unfortunately we have a different vision or got stuck in something technically”. This kind of ignorance is not a way I would treat customers or partners, since I would assume some sort of self-damage. And I know, that I’m not the only developer experiencing the same …

So, the thing is very simple:

I cannot deliver addons and make MSFS to something better for the all of us, in a situation where Asobo blocks editing simple things like it was possible in FSX, or when Asobo revokes downward compatibility, or even reverse enginieers things back to the pre FS2004 era.

There are sometimes lots of expectations, delevopers have to experience from the community. Many developers would like to deliver, but cannot; it is technically just impossible, or blocked by software developers who withhold their tools.

All good points I’m sure, but perhaps take them to your own thread?

1 Like

Hey man, agreed, the issue most people have is balancing their reaction.

If we were all to be completely fair, yea, of course we should be thankful that we are getting updates and for now it seems like Microsoft and Asobo are actually commited to this sim unlike in the past cough FSX cough. But that said, at the end of the day, it’s a free market. We all paid for this product, some of us opted to pay over $100 let’s not forget and so we expect a woking product that is all.

That’s not to say we can’t be thankful and show appreciation, of course we should but I’d argue, we can’t be blindly accepting of careless workmanship if such work is found, after all, we all paid for this, and lets not forget, Microsoft is making and likely going to be making LOADS of cash off of this product for years to come.

Balance people, balance.

1 Like

I like it… you’re looking for a good news day. I’m sure there will me much, much, much more to celebrate, rather than complain about.

I think that these forums places are a source of different set of truths, because we’re all different and have our own perception of change… so there will be a mixture of reactions. To be fair, I think there are more positive posts in this forum than negative. The bad ones tend to be really epic - 2.5k replies - so at least they’re concentrated and easy to avoid if you’re not in the mood. That might just be my perception because I tend to click on the fun, interesting posts rather than the pointless complaining ones. And even the posts which contain complaints can be interesting - they often have good solutions, workarounds and so on. I’ve had my days where I’ve wanted to vent my frustration, and you know, tomorrow might be that day for someone here, so we should be conscious of that and not shut people down. If they can’t vent here about their MSFS frustrations, then where else can they find an understanding ear?

If everyone was happy all the time and never saw ‘opportunities for improvement’, then nothing would ever get better. The status quo would always remain.

But I do understand your point - just give it a break for a day and go and enjoy the flying about. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m in the having paid over $100.00 category, but I am unable to find fault with how Asobo and MS are rolling out the product and the pace of implementation.

I suppose it’s because I’ve been involved in HUGE projects in my history and know that the 80/20 rule is a solid approach to development and project implementation.

Again… just my opinion, I could be wrong…

4 Likes

I’m with you bro, same here, also bought Premium Deluxe and I actually am also overall happy with how things are going so far, call it a 95% (minus last minute delay announcements).

I’m not trying to have a go at Asobo or Microsoft in that post, merely playing devils advocate. The best approach is a balanced approach. Praise OR criticize whenever either one is well deserved.

But yea, IMO so far they’ve been doing well. I just don’t want people to become fanboys in the face of potential negatives you know, think Fallout 76 fanboyism. Like comon :stuck_out_tongue: But you get the idea.

How positive the day is will fully depend on what’s delivered to us. I’m really hoping that the 3 delays we’ve had translate to a polished product. And I’ll be the first in line to praise Asobo for their work if they deliver that.

If they release another update with glaring, obvious bugs and broken system that should have been caught with even marginal testing, then you can expect less than positive reception from the community. And it will be deserved. At least to an extent. There are some people that just take that to extremes.

2 Likes

But it will never be balanced. All the ones enjoying the update will be busy playing the update :joy: leaving all the ones with issues pouring to Discord and forum. A little push for positivity on launch date is always nice, especially when launch day is always stressful for devs.

2 Likes

This.

The 10 character rule is annoying at times.

4 Likes

I will be very happy if the 20 some payware airports will work so I dont have to CGL.bak all of them…

1 Like