Can we have an update on the Logbook pop up?

Hi, the logbook pop up at the end of flight is on the wishlist, but can we have an update on this? It currently says planned for 2021 but can we have an idea for when there will at least be an option to turn it off? This was mentioned in previous Q&A sessions but it would be nice to comment on it again.
Thanks.

It’d also be nice if the comment is about the correct issue this time: the pop up breaks immersion.
It’s not about the pop up stopping the second flight from being recorded. That’s a separate issue.

4 Likes

Yeah the popup is unnecessary. I don’t use the logbook and even if I did I wouldn’t want to see it after every flight.

4 Likes

It’s absolutely annoying. I don’t understand what is the idea behind it. After landing and taxiing the aircraft to its parking position I set the parking brake, turn off the lights and avionics and - SMASH - get that popup in my face. Why? I aleady sent a request via zendesk. Maybe it helps.

2 Likes

It just ruins the immersion and most people have not finished their flight when the engines shut down.

There’s hope, I just spotted that in the feedback snapshot 05.06.2021

to have a confirmation during the Q&A would be nice though :wink:

3 Likes

I think the idea is to have something like “mission accomplished” for casual players since such windows are quite common on various games.

The fact that simmers don’t like this kind of thing is another topic, but I see where that idea came from. Players like some kind of “finished” confirmation instead of simply maually exiting to main menu.

1 Like

yes an update on this would be great. logbook or any sort of pop-up window shouldn’t appear at all, unless the user explicitly asks for it by invoking a key press or something like that.

2 Likes

Actally I do understand. So this was more of a statement than a question. I’m still keeping on fighting for MSFS being a flight simulator rather than a game. I understand that Asobo/Microsoft want to attract both the simmers as the players, but I think then they should pay more respect to the needs of these specific customer groups, which are very different.

Me, I’m using MSFS to do “as if” and the more it feels “as if” the happier I am. Those used to common computer games want to see sucess in the form of points or statistics. I’m respecting this (although I don’t understand it) but I think MS should pay more respect to the old-school simmers. I would be content with a switch that let’s me choose between players or simmers style.

3 Likes

The thing is that there are some game modes that could implement those statistics (challenges,…). A pop up at the end of a challenge I don’t mind. For the main purpose of the sim, where immersion is key, it would indeed be much better if it was not there.

The thing that bothers me is that they chose the feature for the gamers rather than the simmers. It is obvious that simmers do not like it but I understand why gamers would like it. Simmers have not finished their flight when the pop up happens. But the real thing that bothers me is that they didn’t include an option to turn it off.

3 Likes

This would give me hope if it weren’t for their previous reply in a previous Q&A which stated that ‘disabling the logbook pop-up will not fix the issue of not recording the second flight. I don’t think disabling it is the solution.’

Mind you that ‘Logbook should not pop up during shutdown’ item was listed in the feedback snapshot back then too.

1 Like

I don’t think they understood it then, maybe they didn’t read the wishlist thread back then.