Can we have our Classic flyby views and tower views back please

ahh yes tower view. We need that back its even in MSFS 5.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s what I miss from Xplane is the views available like the runway,tower,flyby.
Honest to god I donā€™t understand why Asobo didnā€™t implement this and instead they put a drone.
The Replay complete sucks,no free views like Xplane or even FSX.
I donā€™t get itā€¦.

4 Likes

I agree. Miss those views from MSFSX.

1 Like

Again: Why is it so difficult for Asobo to implement this feature?
I know itā€™s planned but stillā€¦ not startedā€¦

2 Likes

I havenā€™t used msfs xbox in months because there is no replay,tower view etc.No point in buying liveries & planes if you cant view them in a replay or tower view ,at least for me personally anyways.

2 Likes

Agree absolutely. I loved being able to see my landings and take offs. Feel a little robbed by this sim at times.

4 Likes

Just strange that there is absolutely no update on this?

3 Likes

Even no 3th party developer has something on their shelf. 16 years ago, ā€œactive cameraā€ improved much of the standard FSX camera system, so hopefully the devs of this great util will be reading this too and decide to make it for MSFS.

1 Like

Is there a way to vote for this? Maybe Asobo will see it,who knows.
We canā€™t let this topic die lol.

2 Likes

On the Feedback Snapshot itā€™s currently ā€˜not startedā€™ which is better than ā€˜not plannedā€™ because it implies that theyā€™re aware of what theyā€™d have to do and might get around to it, but itā€™s not high enough up the list to get their attention. Only we can change that.

1 Like

Yeah, I think the plan is to incorporate them into the replay tool ā€¦ however itā€™s been so long that it strikes me strange that we havenā€™t been given an interim solution. I guess their answer would be this is not FSX, there should be clear divides and only improvements should be proffered.

Well yes I think we all know that but itā€™s a huge project with a million fixes still yet to be addressed (very few of them by the outside contractors that produce Asobo aircraft etc.), as they say ā€˜Rome was not built in a dayā€™. Hopefully things will improve soon but it is a flightsim and all that arenā€™t closed are notorious for kicking up issues every now and then.

I find the views generally good but if i am being picky I would prefer a settable zoom level for outside views as well as the cockpit views. And would be even more happy if the standard outside view could be locked so it didnā€™t swing round if performing a loop for example.
OK I know a drone cam could prolly be set up but I resist using them in flight due to complications with controller.

Exactly It takes as long to set up views as it does to do a flight. For me anyway. Iā€™m an old summer. (Stable approach to 70) and I just donā€™t get all this setting up thingy. By all means have the complicated but whatā€™s wrong with simple for us old types.

1 Like

Agreed! lets have something simple for relaxing, we only want to do the hard stuff in real life flying as we get paid then. :rofl:

Strange that no 3th party developer has yet started with making a view utility of some kindā€¦

Agree itā€™s a bit strange. As I said earlier the current cam views and settings are great for the movie makers and those who have the time and ability. But Iā€™m sure that most of the simmers would welcome a version of the old FSX or fs2004 replay tool.

2 Likes

Unfortunately the Camera API isnā€™t really functional enough, thatā€™s why it hasnā€™t been done yet.

Iā€™m sure there would be a number of third party solutions available pretty quickly if the API was enhanced! Iā€™ve been trying to get a hacky workaround into my Touch Portal page, it does kind-of work but itā€™s very easy to break it, so Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™ll release it.

2 Likes

I did a teeny bit of research, and when I found a Tower Camera defined in Cameras.cfg (localcache). So naturally I then asked ChatGPT about it:

> I see in MSFSā€™s Cameras.cfg an entry for a Tower Camera; yet, that choice doesnā€™t appear in any Camera menu during a flight. Why?
*> *
> The Tower Camera is a special type of camera that can only be accessed in certain situations. It is typically used in multiplayer mode when one player takes on the role of air traffic controller and needs a higher perspective of the airport.
*> *
> To access the Tower Camera, you need to first enter multiplayer mode and join a session as an air traffic controller. Once you have joined the session, you can access the Tower Camera by pressing the ā€œTā€ key on your keyboard. This will switch the camera to the Tower Camera view, which provides a birdā€™s-eye view of the airport.
*> *
> If you are not in multiplayer mode or if you are not acting as an air traffic controller, the Tower Camera option will not appear in the camera menus during a flight.

I have not tested this theory (yet) as it takes a group (not to mention a little experience as a group leader). But it does sound interesting, and makes me wonder if Microsoft/Asobo can reuse obviously existing code and open Tower View at all times, group or no group flying.

All I can say is that if this is true then itā€™s probably deliberate and a sure sign that they are working on something better. If I remember rightly FSX tower view always fixed your aircraft centre screen but it sounds like the next incarnation will allow us to move view. I hope we get binoculars.

1 Like