Can we have our Classic flyby views and tower views back please

Just dropping by to say that I also think that some camera improvements are sorely needed. An external view that is not locked to the rotation/heading of the plane (X-Plane calls it circle view) is one of the best views for sightseeing from outside the plane.

You can ALMOST recreate this view using drone view locked to the aircraft, but being unable to control both the plane and the drone at the same time messes it up.

2 Likes

Maybe Iā€™ve got it wrong then. Do we really want this. I know I do. It would be a total game changer for me. I am seriously thinking of going back to fax because for me at least it is a much more hassle free and emersive experience. I just donā€™t have the amount of time it takes to set this rather convoluted and way too complicated camera system up. I just want to enjoy flying. Am I alone in this. If not please, come on guys and girls keep this thread going. Who knows., somebody might listen.

4 Likes

gotta agree with out the iconic tower view its just not the same

3 Likes

Well of course we could all use the drone view and get exactly what we want - including my outside view that doesnā€™t swap sides during a loop etc. But while busy flying I donā€™t want to be messing about with another set of controls - just a button assigned to this and that - like I already do is fine. So I want one like my fixed outside view, rotatable with a thumb stick on my TM throttle but not automatically moveable if flying over the vertical or rolling.

1 Like

Well said gromitt. It is very much a time and usability issue.

FWIW, I made a (slightly hacky) flyby camera control as part of my MSFS TouchPortal page. Obviously this is only of use to people who have TouchPortal but thought Iā€™d at least let you know it exists!

2 Likes

Yesā€¦ thanks man!

1 Like

I watched a new YouTube video this morning on this very subject and it confirmed to me that there must be an intuitive easy to use instant view and replay in the game. The poster who obviously knows what he is doing still took quite a while to get a replay and suggested the current in game version is usable but quite a convoluted set up.
So I say again please can we have something in this sim that is as easy and simple to use as was in fs2004 and fsx. And if not why not thatā€™s all we are asking.

3 Likes

Can you post a link for the new YT video?

2 Likes

Iā€™m a bit long in the tooth and not very tech savvy hence I need simple views and replay.
I hope this has worked for you.

2 Likes

I canā€™t believe they stripped out the cameras in the first place. They are sorely needed. Who builds a flight sim with limited views? Hintā€¦Asobo! I didnā€™t buy a drone camera simulator, I bought a flight simulator. proper and usable cameras would be nice, actually.

5 Likes

totally agree

1 Like

Yeah same here, i remember using msfs2004 performing an F16 air show display which i would record with tower view .My favourite part was flying the jet & watching the replay . So im basically only 50% satisfied with msfs 2020

4 Likes

With you 100%. Whilst Iā€™m not a display pilot I really enjoyed flying extended circuits in whichever airliner took my fancy and then watching my approach from the tower. I did this in various weather and wind settings. Why oh why canā€™t we do it in this sim. Can you imagine how it would look with the details provided in msfs. I am now thinking that we will nevrer get to do that in this sim. IMAGINE because I donā€™t think anyone at the developers is listening to us folk who so desperately want this function in our sim.

2 Likes

I remember spending so many hours using the tower cam in fs9. I had endless fun doing flybys. We NEED that back 100%.

Even just allowing us to place a camera anywhere we want permanently aims at our aircraft would be great, then allow us to access that view with the press of a button, like throwing it into the cockpit/exterior camera toggle lineup. Thatā€™d be an easy thing to program, and probably much more simple than programming each tower cam position. Of course, adding replays to that would be the ultimate goal.

6 Likes

Totally agree. The tower cam was great in FSX tooā€¦ to see the take off or landing replay using that cam was always great!.. even I remember myself spending time just watching the ai-traffic landing and taking off ā€œsittingā€ up there in the airport tower. We need it back in MSFS!

And even this tower cam could help to eliminate stutters and lags due to airports loading while we approach (third party airports addons) because would be so simple just to position ourselves in the airport using the towecam 10 or 15 miles before arriving, wait the airport to fully load, and then come back to the aircraft and make a veeeeeeeeery smooth landing with the airport 100% loaded.

In my opinion tower cam its a MUST in MSFS!!

6 Likes

Absolutely yep. You nailed it. Surely this sim above all should be a pleasure. How can it be if we donā€™t have what I believe is the most pleasurable part of simming and that is replaying the most exciting part of a flightā€¦ā€¦ the landing.

4 Likes

Any,possibility to control the drone views when the toggle,plane controls is on? When hitting C I have control of the airplane but I can do nothing with the camera views of the drone.So it is very hard to set up a nice flyby or even tower view.
Any possibility we get our tower view back? Please?

3 Likes

Just getting into MSFS after years of using other sims for combat and general flying. The main drawback with MSFS for me is lack of simple button/ keypress fly-by view, which is available in every other sim I use. Yes the drone camera can be used, but its torture and breaks any continuity of pleasure of the flight.
Addition of this seemingly basic feature would be really appreciated :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Yes ā€¦ Tower View very much needed !!

4 Likes