Can we not get any GA airplane without GNS 530/430?

It’s not how it is. I fly a C172 IRL which doesn’t have a gps unit. Look at the C152 itself in MSFS

Ok. How old is that C172?

At least 20 around

have you tried that yourself

Thank you it really works. Such a simple hack. Idk how it didn’t occur to me. Still making the GNS 430/530 default for every other airplane makes it less fun

Whenever anyone brings out an aircraft with just Steam gauges and VOR style avionics the forums get swamped by people complaining “where is the AP? Where is the GPS?”

The Zlin Shock Ultra is pretty basic, might be worth a look.

Most modern planes do come with a GPS so it is to be expected that aircraft without one will be older.

Other steam gauge options include:

• DC6
  • Gruman Goose
  • Stearman
  • Some of the jabiru
  • Spitfire
  • Corsair
  • Fiat G91
  • most of the Ultralights
  • Yakelov Yak 18T
  • Bleriot XI
  • A1R Ryan
  • Caudron C430

if on the other hand you are just bored with the 530 download the mod that converts it into a touch screen 750 .

3 Likes

As was pointed out further above, this is not the case. And it won’t be no matter how often you’ll repeat it.

It’s 2021.

The answer is clear , you need to do like me and buy the ultimate deluxe version so you get the steam gauge version of some aircraft.(c172, da-40…)
Or buy the piper turbo and you’re good to go :blush:

You clearly did not get their point. C172 Steam gauge also has the GNS 530/430 stack.
Also there are alternatives without Deluxe to have steam-only gauges.

You’re right, sorry I didn’t read/understood their question well :slight_smile:

It’s very common for aircraft these days to have at least a 430W, even really old ones. You’ll even come across aircraft where the original avionics and steam gauges are ripped out and replaced with very high-end ones. It’s pretty funny when you see avionics in an aircraft worth like half of the aircraft. The old school days of flying as a /A and /U are coming to an end and many airports have approaches that you can’t even utilize if you don’t have a GPS. Overall glass cockpits and GPS based navigation are the future of aviation, it’s really that simple.

2 Likes

have you tried this in the sim?

how can any aircraft be available just for the steam version!

Well we’re talking about the sim, so you can assume that I did too.

well with that logic there shouldn’t be any old/vintage aircrafts

I do get your point, I just don’t like the idea of not having options

didn’t work for me

Sorry, I meant steam gauges.

I do have the premium deluxe version, and I eventually did end up getting the JF piper too.
but as Coppersens said