Can we please get an official update on the FPS / stuttering bug

OOOO! I’ll take that bet.
According to those with the issue, this is a game breaker. “Unplayable”. If 32,000 members on this forum could not play their game, I am fairly sure that they would say something.

If there are 2M+ licensed copies of the sim and it requires an internet connection to play then I can assume that all those users have access to this forum. Nobody hand selected the members here. There are no special requirements to sign up. That means we have a random sample representing the whole.

We have a 4% snapshot of all MSFS users. Again I am not a statistician, but… If I want to poll the population in a country, I can get a pretty accurate result from a lot less than 4%. So lets assume this forum has a polling error of +/- 10%. That’s a really wide margin for error. that means the .3% currently represented could be in error. It could be as low as .27% or as high as .33%.

Point is. If you have a problem VOTE. Don’t stand in the market and shout. Nobody is listening. Use the process.
Remove “HIT ANY KEY TO CONTINUE” got votes…

1 Like

Hey simmers,

I just got an update as a reply on my zendesk ticket I filed regarding the performance issues.

This is what they said:

We are aware that some players are experiencing performance issues such as FPS drops, stuttering, or crashes.

Please be assured that we are monitoring the situation and investigating the cause of each of these problems. Performance is one of our top priorities, and we have numerous optimization updates planned for the near future. We’ll make sure to share more information in our development updates.

I’m happy to know that performance is one of their top priorities.
I’m sure they will get it fixed!!

2 Likes

Count the unique users. The vast majority are the same people voting in three different locations.
ANOTHER really bad idea. Just dilutes the effect.

Search for your issue FIRST. DO NOT start a new thread where one already exists.

Even if it is not exactly the same all you will do is reduce the chance anyone will care.

1 Like

This forum could use a “Top 5” issues section that simply takes votes. I am convinced that 4 out of 10 users are having issues post the update with their user experience, and post update, this is THE issue at hand. Someone referenced that it was “game breaking”. Those words never were written by me, but I am shelving MSFS for FSX for sure. If I’m not in the air, I’m in the books. Hopefully we have a fix soon.

Problem is they have been saying this since August and since then performance (and appearance of the sim) has done nothing but decline.

That’s the same canned reply everyone else submitting a ticket about this has been receiving since last week. It means nothing.

1 Like

We can say for certain there are at least 624 votes on performance issues if you look at the thread with the highest vote count. The moderators can merge those threads, but I’m sure there’s reasons why they haven’t thus far.

Yeah that might be unfortunate. I understand that, we are in the same boat.
But think about it this way.

The development of this sim comes with ups and downs. Same as flying.

I believe they soon will figure something out that will all do us pleasure.

thx for publishing, bro :+1:

1 Like

My thoughts on this entire problem is, no point third party developers releasing aircraft if no one can run them at more than 20fps xD

2 Likes

Merging posts eliminates the votes of those being absorbed.

Not sure why you refuse to accept that the numbers on THIS forum do NOT represent the severity of the bugs people are complaining about.

I am suggesting that if a user has a problem, use the provided tools and be proactive about getting their particular issue elevated to a priority. You seem to just want to argue that my numbers are wrong. The numbers I see are the same that ASOBO sees and it doesn’t LOOK like there is a widespread problem.

1 Like

And I reiterate for those demanding answers… this is the most likely scenario we can expect. No amount of screeching like mad monkeys and flinging poo at each other is going to help or make any difference…

I was not disagreeing with you. In fact, way earlier on in this thread, I suggested that very thing.

I also never said your numbers were wrong. I just took the opportunity to point out there are other threads with a much higher vote count than 231 and saying only 231 people have the problem is misleading.

1 Like

Michael Scott NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO meme

Sorry, poorly worded.

I not am suggesting that this is it, that only 231 people have the problem.

Typo, delete and restate, didn’t re read before continuing.

1 Like

Why are we even arguing about if there is a problem? Of course there is a problem. A blind dumb monkey can figure that out.

There is a reason the forum is littered with issues recently. There is also a reason that there is an official announcement looking into the said issues. That reason is the problem.

3 Likes

And can that same monkey figure out that nobody in this conversation is arguing whether there is a problem or not?

That the conversation is about using the tools at hand to properly report the problems so they can get fixed.

I find a lot of people just simply don’t realize their sim is stuttering and therefore think it’s not there. I have yet to see a single shred of evidence for smooth gameplay in an area like LAX with the airliners. And by smooth I don’t mean 50FPS, but rather an absence of these microstutters caused by “limited by mainthread” issues. Lots of people using flight sim also think the eye cannot see above 24 fps, so this doesn’t surprise me

2 Likes

Opt in or out, what’s the difference? We had a choice. We could fly with the new goodies and deal with the glitches, or we could fly in the stable. Same with the FBW I suppose. With this sim, we don’t. But, I really don’t think that’s practical either because this is a live sim. But, expanding a beta program beyond a few developers is probably a good idea moving forward. Remember early Feb? That was the last time my sim ran well or looked good…some beta testing would eliminate all of this stuff imo.

With the opt in option, if you don’t want to have to deal with the headaches, bugs, and other issues associated with the beta, you didn’t even have to acknowledge its existence until it came out of beta and became the new version. You’re not forced into the problematic beta branch (unlike another popular flight simulator lol).

If you choose to opt in, then you have to deal with the headaches, or opt back out again.

Either way though, the results are the same.