Can you edit a payware airport?

Does anyone know whether we can edit payware airports?

I asked this question on the Aerosoft forum in the topic showcasing Brussels Airport (which looks astonishing!)

Mathijs answered that Aerosoft would allow me to do so as long as I don’t share it (no problem! ^^), but they weren’t sure whether MSFS allows editing?

And is there a difference in the ability to edit the airport depending on whether I bought from the Marketplace or from Aerosoft?

Nothing wrong with editing aslong as you don’t share any objects or anthing else created by the payware airports. I don’t think those objects would show up, unless people have also purchased that airport.

I mean, the airport is not encrypted like the deluxe planes are?

I believe objects can have a copyright protection in place if there isn’t then they can’t stop you.

The thing I’m probably interested in the most to edit are the parking spots, to make sure the planes park at the right place. (once we finally have custom offline traffic)

2 Likes

That should be fine as you would be doing the changes that are part of the sdk, I would think they can only do anything if it’s something they created themselves.

1 Like

i am interested in making gate 231 into gate for A380 -asked Aerosoft multiple times…when the will do an update…do not know the year that will happen

My understanding as a mere mortal is, anything purchased through the market place is subject to DRM at the point of sale, I may be wrong off course.