Can you focus on core issues not just random sceneries?

Agreed. Its the days it takes to find said code

THANK YOU!! That’s exactly what they need to understand. I don’t think they really “get it” yet!
We need FIXES- LOTS of them. And things they promised like multi-monitors… We have plenty of scenery for a while!!

6 Likes

As a matter of fact no, because anyone with any basic knowledge about game development would be very aware that what I described is brain dead obvious. As depressing as it is that there is any need for me to actually explain it.

If you think I am wrong, you simply join the group of the entitled whiners that believe they can throw around hot takes about game development without having any knowledge about the subject matter.

You can keep screaming and crying, spamming every thread of the forum with nonsensical negativity, and stomping your feet whining that those who know better than you actually don’t. On the other hand, I’m another successful and enjoyable flight in. Guess who wins?

4 Likes

I agree.

What would be really helpful would be a development roadmap with some substance instead of a copy-pasted template and actual commitments on fixing bugs vs “under investigation”.

3 Likes

But I really want MyPillow!

Here here…well said my friend.

You are correct, expecting aircrafts to perform in a flight simulator is an absolute irrational expectation. Embarking on a long haul flight only to not have the FMS handle the navigation and not tune/sync up the ILS is an irrational expectation. Being able to land an aircraft after a 7 hour flight and not have it float down half the runway or stop responding to the inputs on final is an irrational expectation.

Where do these people get the idea that they can conduct successful flights in a flight simulator?

5 Likes

I did a tour around Osaka yesterday and while it was ok, I was a little disappointed that some of the landmarks I saw didn’t look as they should on the google map photos I was using to plan my flight. So, I am excited for Japan.

At the same time, the OP is correct, there are some core issues that really ought to be addressed.

At the minimum, I hope that they at least fix the missing sensitivity window in the GUI, the failing #1 engine on the Airbus, the PFDs going off in busy traffic areas, and maybe throw in some direct-to-waypoint functionality on some of the rudimentary garmins. Might be asking too much, but hey.

So basically what you are saying those of us with a broken simulator must 5uck it and see I can’t even get my a320 to work properly 10mins In to a flight it goes back to a cold and dark cockpit state and I can’t get it to restart again even with the work arounds suggested on this forum not ideal when you are at fl250, but it is OK because scenery is important🙄 I would like my moneys worth considering I have the premium deluxe version of the sim before they start tinkering with the scenery, and no its not my setup either asus tuf Z490 gaming motherboard intel i9 10850k processor 48gigabytes of memory nvidia 2080 graphics card and sky broadband fibre optic inter net connection

2 Likes

Agreed…my guess is that they are doing it as a sweetner…you know…take our minds off all the other issues which have been going on since Noah was a boy!!!

2 Likes

No need for a change log and manual approval, git bisect or similar is a dev’s best friend for tracking down bad commits.

1 Like

@AERSP doesn’t know what he/she is talking about. The people working on adding scenery to Japan have a different skillsets to the people fixing bugs.

I am a software developer, I do this for a living whereas it appears you are not because you don’t grasp the concept of different skill sets in a software development environment. Imagine an airline company with financial analysts and pilots? What @AERSP is proposing is that because the financial department is in a crunch, that the airline company transfer their pilots into the financial department. Pilots can’t become financial analysts over night - that is usually a 4 year business program in a reputable University/College, and then you need work experience on top of that.

2 Likes

Well, you keep telling yourself that.

Entitlement takes many forms it seems.

2 Likes

I believe a graphic designer doesn’t necessarily know how to code and a programmer doesn’t have to know how to model an island.

Therefore, there’s no reason why there can’t be both, programmers fixing the code and designers designing stuff.

He is not spot on. Learn how a studio works then we can discuss stuff.

People, It’s really simple and strange examples aren’t even needed. It’s as simple as “programmers and ART DEPARTMENTS are different things”. The art department worked on improving Japan. That HAS NOTHING TO DO with the work that PROGRAMMERS must do on code, avionics etc.

Take 3 minutes to get some infos on how a studio works, it’s really that simple

2 Likes

ok just go to the other platform you maybe happy flying them. you sure know the other sim had growing problems in the beginning. but with the community help they got better. you will in some cases they still have. checkout the others sim platforms forums to see people are explaining about some be wrong. give the teams and community time to made the sim better. you can be part of this community or not

Many people around here can conduct plenty of successful flights in this flight simulator. I just ended a whole tour around the world with negligible issues. Looks like the issue is mostly on your side.

It does, and that includes being flippant to those who know better than you because their experience does not fit your false narrative.

7 Likes

As a for instance…

Have any one checked out the credits. It is in options, general, misc…bottom.
It is amazing how many people are/have been involved in making this sim.

There is also a legal for those that want to take them to court…

2 Likes

not sure the same team that develops the scenery is the one dealing with fps drops / flight dynamics and autopilot/navigation… if they were it might explain why the last patch screwed up the a320 :rofl: certainly the dev teams I have been involved unlessthere were only two and even then you would concentrate on your own skills.

If it was just one team then I would probably share a little of your sentiment re scenery vs game fixes that impact actual planes and flight.