Can you please tune the FA-18 Hornet’s drag/thrust characteristics?

The more I get into your game, the more I love it.

Can you please tune the Hornet’s drag/thrust characteristics? Using the modern flight model, it’s AB acceleration and max mach is very slow at height. Ironically, acceleration and max mach at height appear correct using the legacy model, but some of the general flight characteristics seem a bit odd.

PLEASE do not respond to this thread with your expert opinions on how everything is perfectly modelled in the game in regards to this plane.

This is simply a request thread meant for the developers only.

Many thanks.

Hi @SpeedDemon996,

I’ve moved your post into the #self-service:wishlist category which is more appropriate, so that others can vote on your request. I’ve also updated the title to make it clear what you are requesting (though feel free to edit it).

Thanks!

1 Like

Another topic on this? That won’t speed things up.

It was already stated that the behaviour looks correct by using the official available charts and that the maximum speed of 1.6 Mach is likely marketing and under diving conditions.

Also the F/A-18E is not finished now. Wait for the 1.0 release of the Maverick DLC which arrives soon enough.

PS: I won’t let anyone stop giving my two cents in any open discussion on an forum build for this exact reason :wink:

1 Like

Probably it would be a good idea to merge this with the other topic which already includes a discussion about that topic by the same member?

If not - the link now at least is here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Closed as duplicate of existing topic:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Why can’t the FA-18 go supersonic at sea level and hit it’s top speed at height?