Cannot load in custom model

Hi there,

I am new to the SDK and watched some YouTube videos of how to get the custom models into the project.
First I set up the project using the sample “SimpleScenery” from the SDK folder. I have changed all files, filenames and foldernames accordingly, so that should be fine.

However, when I export my model using Blender 2 MSFS, I always get some errors.

PackageBuilder | Reading D:\piri-egph-tower\piri-egph-tower.xml…
PackageBuilder | Preparing asset groups…
PackageBuilder | Done, 4 asset groups registered.
PackageBuilder | Generating commands for package piri-egph-tower…
PackageBuilder | Preparing commands for asset group ContentInfo…
PackageBuilder | Preparing commands for asset group myscene…
PackageBuilder | Preparing commands for asset group mymodellib…
PackageBuilder | Ready, 6 commands added.
PackageBuilder | Starting the build…
PackageBuilder | Building assets for the package piri-egph-tower…
Compiling GLTF data file egph-tower.gltf…
Invalid data in bufferView[27]: ‘’ for accessor[27]: ‘’
GltfCompiler | Failed to load model data from file
Compiling BGL file from in-memory data to output file modelLib.BGL…
Can not find model file: ‘D:\piri-egph-tower_PackageInt_tempFiles\piri-egph-tower\mymodellib\egph-tower\egph-tower.gltf’
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2656: GLTF: LOD Error: Can not find model file: ‘D:\piri-egph-tower_PackageInt_tempFiles\piri-egph-tower\mymodellib\egph-tower\egph-tower.gltf’
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2006: Parse failed (0x80004005)
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2340: Failed to finalize MODEL_DATA!
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2032: XML Parse Error! Element tree follows:
ERROR:
ERROR:
ERROR:

INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2024: Failed to process closing element tag near line 2!
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2607: Compilation errors detected, compilation failed!
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2006: Parse failed (0x 0)
PackageBuilder | Output path does not exist: D:\piri-egph-tower\Packages\piri-egph-tower\scenery\mycompany\modelLib.BGL
PackageBuilder | Skip mirroring due to command failures.
PackageBuilder | Skip generation of package information due to command failures.
PackageBuilder | Validating Package ‘piri-egph-tower’…
[Manifest Validation] ‘piri-egph-tower’ - Error: Missing or invalid Manifest file ‘D:\piri-egph-tower\Packages\piri-egph-tower\manifest.json’
[Layout Validation] piri-egph-tower’- Error: Missing or invalid Layout file ‘D:\piri-egph-tower\Packages\piri-egph-tower\layout.json’
PackageBuilder | Validation report written at ‘D:\piri-egph-tower_PackageInt_metadata\piri-egph-tower\piri-egph-tower.json’
Package Validation failed for ‘Packages’
PackageBuilder | Reloading assets for the package piri-egph-tower…
PackageBuilder | Finished, 4 skipped, 0 done and 3 failed, took 0s033ms.
? false returned by Command=BuildPackages Comment=Rebuild the packages whose name correspond to the given filter, and for the given project (default fs-project.xml) NbParam=2 Line=BuildPackages piri-egph-tower * “D:\piri-egph-tower\piri-egph-tower.xml” “D:\piri-egph-tower” 1

I have tried everything. I have also tried to add just a simple cube to check if maybe something’s not right with my model, but even this did not work.
I think the biggest issue is the “Invalid Data in bufferView”, but I just don’t know what the problem is (nor where this information should be. I know it is about LODs, but I don’t even export them).

Any help would be pretty much appreciated! Thanks

• piri
  • First thing to check: clear your console and click Project Build again.

• If errors persist, check the errors again and post them here. First go is no good.

• In this log, I see some strange file paths. Are you sure egph-tower.gltf is in a subdirectory under Modellib ? I see path names in tempFiles subdirectories… also avoid names like “mymodellib”, keep the official directory name “modellib” and adhere to the official project directory setup. Don’t change anything below Samples\SimpleScenery, you only have to add stuff in new directories under Modellib.

• If you want to build an airport, better take an an airport example.

It did work now. I have saved my model as .obj and opened it in a new blender instance. From there I exported it and it worked. Thank you very much for you help

Thanks for the great tip… on .obj…

1 Like