Cannot Remove or Add Friends

This has to be a violation of some law somewhere. It subjects users to unwanted online tracking and potential harassment. Can’t believe on oversight of this type is allowed to exist.

1 Like

I’m so disappointed by reading all the answers and people that are in my situation
How is it possible that Microsoft, Asobo or whoever built this game didn’t add the option to remove this in-game friends?
I’m being followed by quite few people when I play my simulator and it’s really annoying.
I don’t feel secure about this and I really hope they’ll fix this soon

2 Likes

We need an option to be able to remove anyone from the Friends list regardless of them being on XBOX or Steam, or just being added using their gamertag.

I am here because I was looking for an option to remove an individual who is a known and banned cheater from the MSFS community. This person used to be very active in many communities, including mine; however, since it was proven (by Microsoft) that this person was a cheater (he was caught during Reno Races and other events) we are not welcoming them anymore. The problem is that their gamertag usually shows up in my friends list whenever I complete a landing challenge, which is quite upsetting.

Please add an option to remove someone from the friends list. This can be potentially a very essential feature in some cases.

4 Likes

I’m approaching the end of my good will regarding this matter. I’m ready to investigate legal options. This has to violate privacy laws or child protection laws, and as far as I can tell neither Asobo or Microsoft seem to care at all.

I’m going to see if I can get a regulatory body involved, and if I am unable I plan on seeking legal advice. If it comes to that, I will be investigating the potential for a class action.

1 Like

We hear you and recognize that not having the option to remove friends contributes to toxicity that you could otherwise avoid. Have re-escalated this to the team for investigation.

6 Likes

New option in the SU10 Beta:

Sorry @simtom2, promise I won’t remove you. :rofl:

7 Likes

Luckily! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Fixed as of Sim Update 10.