Cannot start Bonanza in Norway bush trip

Hi, all

In the Discover Norway bush trip Leg 3 aircraft cannot be started. It begins with engine on but very soon it stops and there is no way to restart it. A warning reads “Low Volts”. Any idea?

Thanks,

Jesus

I have not done any of these bush trips but if you can slew in that mode (press Y) then there is an old FS9 and FSX trick that works well in MSFS. It works in free flight mode when I have had similar problems to yours but I am not sure about bush trips since I’ve never flown those.

When the engine stops, do this:

1. Press Y to enter slew mode
  2. Tap F4 to rise up just a little bit, just so the wheels are off the ground. Like an arms length. Now you have to be quick in the next step…
  3. Press Y and then rapidly press Y again. So a quick double tap. What you will have done is exit slew mode (the plane will blast forward at full speed) - thats why you have tap Y again in less than a second - and enter slew mode again.
  4. Press F1 to descend back to the ground. Use the numpad slew controls to move back to your starting position.
  5. Press Y to exit slew mode. The engine should be running.
1 Like

Do you have fuel? the plane says “low volts” before you start it all the time.

2 Likes

Is the fuel selector in L or R? Off won’t work :wink:

Hi, yes I’ve checked it, it is at 75% as usual in the beginning of most bush trips

I’ve tried both with no solution

I cannot test it because when I press “Y” I cannot enter in slew mode, no matter the camera I’m using. I’ve checked that this key is mapped to slew mode On/off, but it still does not work. It’s another topic I’d like to open: bush trips are complicated sometimes if you crash before landing and this technique would be useful to pass a difficult one, but I’ve not been able to enter in slew mode. :man_shrugging:

Yes, i suspected this - they have disabled the Slew function for Bush Trips. I think its possible to dive into the config files and allow slew but Ive never done that.

Does your slew work ok in free flight mode?

One of the known incorrect issues with some aircraft in the sim is that if you do not turn off the starter, it will drain the battery and shut down the airplane.
I don’t know if that is your issue, but it may be worth looking into.
If the plane was auto-started, it may not have turned the starter off.

1 Like

Yes, it does. I never use it, that’s why I’ve never tried it before. Probably you’re right and it’s disabled in bush trips.

I’m afraid that this is not the cause… I’ve made the previous 2 legs of this BT with the Bonanza and it worked fine, and the plane engine was on at the start, as always… I think it’s a bug of the leg.

1 Like

Yes, no, maybe.
Was there any kind of mandatory update (System or World) between those legs which may have changed behaviour of the aircraft?

Although the aircraft is already started on loading into the Bush trip leg have you tried turning off and then performing a cold/dark start by following the check lists?

I have noticed over the months (and various updates) that some aircraft would indeed have their engine stop if I set up for an engines on take off from runway. These same aircraft would be fine if started cold and dark at a parking spot or if shut down and restarted.

Worth a try if nothing else.

Go to Options > Controls Settings
Select Keyboard

Click search by name and type
repair

Click the 1st column

Click start scanning

for example press CTRL R and click validate → ok → APPLY AND SAVE

Go to Activities > Bush Trips > Discover Norway.
Launch same leg (3) → Continue → Ready to fly

Press
CTRL R

Bush Trip Norway Leg 3 (below) // without annoying HUD :wink:

How to turn off annoying HUD and unlock assistance options.

1 Like

Yes! That worked. Thanks TenPatrol and also the rest for your help.

Regards,

Jesus

1 Like

You’re very welcome.
Mark as solution :slight_smile:

Hello,
Moved to Community Support.