Cannot Start Carenado C182: "Oil pressure" warning

That’s been my experience with the 172 as well. Alt+V was needed for a cold start, even though the physical fuel selector was set to both.

Looking at it logically, there is no way that Carenado can be right: either its a problem with the sim in general, and in that case it shouldn’ work for them either. Or its a problem with just the 182, then it should be up to them to fix.

But for them to say it works for them okay, in what configuration have they determined that?!

Well, having no physical solution for ALT+V is Carenado’s problem - ie, fuel selector valve doesn’t correctly cycle fuel cut-off state.

I’d make a strong argument that Asobo should not default the fuel cutoff valve to On ( no fuel ).

The default state should be determined by where you spawn: on if parked, off if on the runway.

Better yet, just give us a button as in XP, so we can choose to spawn cold/dark where we please.

Default aircraft state is determined by start position. Spawn on the runway - aircraft is running… and sorta ready for takeoff. Spawn at parking/gate and it’s cold & dark.

Agree there should be an option to spawn at parking with the aircraft running, or cold & dark.

…and I really think there should be a spawn option at the hold short line for the active runway. not on the runway. way too many people in multiplayer spawn on the active runway, and sit there for 5 minutes, while other players are on short final.

2 Likes

I’ve let that side of things slip, and I just pretend I don’t see them sitting there.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s pretty common in any flight sim with MP. You’d have to force people to spawn at the hold short for it not to happen.

Oddly, today I cycled the fuel selector all the way to off going right, and then all the way to off going left, and then back to both and the 182 started up without the Alt-V.

1 Like

That dial may be toggling the value, effectively turning it off, and on again.

It looks like far left bottom and far right bottom are two different positions, at least in the graphics, and I suspect what they did was they only set one position as the fuel cutoff so it won’t cycle until you get to that side.

Edit: Tbh if that’s what it is I’m not even sure I’d blame Carenado, bc that seems like an easy thing to miss if there’s just one way everyone turns the fuel selector and that’s just how things are.

1 Like

The most surprising issue in all this, is that Carenado responds that “all works” at their end and closes the support ticket.

From all the posts here, it is obvious that this is not a single-person’s issue.

As long as they don’t seem to care, and tell Asobo, or whoever, about it, purchasing their C182T as the first A/C add on for FS2020, is a great, and expensive, disappointment.

It’s hard to tell where the issue is. I was about to rag on Carenado support, as the MP gauge on the G1000 doesn’t show decimals ( ie 25 MP instead of 25.3 MP - which is important ) but checking some of the other planes - it’s Asobo’s problem.

Having issues in other planes with the heading bug either in 10 or 1 deg increments depending on what day of the week it is. In the XCub - your bug on the panel is 1 deg, and the heading bug on the AP is 10 deg.

Since I think Carenado is just using Asobo’s default behavior and dropping that onto the C-182 with new values, it’s probably more on Asobo’s end.

@Romulan7000 - I had the plane start correctly once by rotating the valve, but didn’t pay attention to exactly what I was doing so need to go back and investigate and see if there’s a consistent way to do it.

that being said - I’m still enjoying the plane… certainly not perfect and not A2A, but fun is fun.

Although I think they aren’t using the default G1000, as this one doesn’t have synthetic vision of the PFD.

Hello, i have the mod from caranedo installed. The Cessna C182T. But i am to dumb to start the engine. I have search the whole Internet for help … but nothing. Can anyone help what to do, to start the engine???

It is the fuel valve on the floor. It does however not work when opened. It’s a bug.It must be opened with a key combination. Forgotten which, but look it up in all key and search there.
That should do it

Ctrl+V to open the valve, should start then

Thx a lot … on my keyboard it is the Key ALT+V … Now the engine turns on … oh god i tested hundreds of versions … THX A LOT!!!

1 Like

Yes, thanks a lot! Just within the last few days I’ve had trouble starting the default C152. Alt+V worked. :grinning:

Regards
Steve