Cannot update thanks to CTD at start

I agree, something smells fishy

I figured out how to fix it! Use the xbox app, pick your version and open thru that. Give the ā€œChecking for updatesā€ a solid 10 minutes and it will eventually allow you to pick your update! Adds 22 gbs and total of 40gbs of download.

1 Like

MSFS: Ah you want to download a patch, this could take a wihile, let me play you some nice musicā€¦ Now where did I put the download file, oh no I canā€™t get a connection : CRASH!

Makes perfect sense unless you always download with your speakers turned off! :slight_smile: this has to be fixed soon right - it appears to be affecting Xbox users as well.

and again must a user flame about developersā€¦

Devs work with software, right? Not pilots, truck drivers?

This is happening to a lot of people. @Jummivana can we gat a status update please?

In that sense yes patience is called for. The good news is itā€™s affecting enough people that a solution should come at some point.

2 Likes

yeah I agree, I hope that this is the case.

and these solution is may be simple , not nice but simple, ā€œwait a short while and try againā€ :slight_smile:

Same issue hereā€¦

Same issue in FRANCE. After severals tries, and severals CTD (with message saying that i am not connected), the update finaly downloaded. As others say it, this seems to be a server overloaded.

Horribleā€¦ If i want to update, and click on continue it loads the game(?!?) and crashed after a few secondsā€¦

I tried this and waited and it looks like itā€™s working. The download size was always 0 GiB before. :+1: :crossed_fingers: :pray:

I reinstalled it thinking it would help, Now i have to install the base package and then update and It is still crashing :frowning:

1 Like

There seem to be at least two different sets of CTDs being discussed here - the original CTD involves the executable crashing with no message after a few seconds.

Other folks are describing crashes / messages related to no internet connection that occur after an initial startup screen. There seems to be some variety here.

While the latter does seem to be related to overloaded servers and a client that is not designed to handle such scenarios, there is no good evidence other than circumstance that the former is in any way related to server overloading. The only currently observed commonality for the former case is a crash in WwiseLibPCx64P.dll.

2 Likes

I had both, clearly the no internet is a false positive because a connection couldnā€™t be made to the server. Even if itā€™s causing different crashes itā€™s the same issue.

2 Likes

same issue , having no internet connection, renamed the community folder and it started to download then CTD againā€¦ im getting a VCRUNTIME as the culprit too

MS servers are likely being overrun right now with everybody trying to update.

Iā€™m seeing the exact same messages about internet connectivity and also had a CTD while MSFS was loading.

Probably best to wait a while and let the crowds die down a bit before attempting the in-game update again.

I had success trying what @flamewalls put, running from the Store app. Worked first time for me after that but had to wait for the update to report something to download. Maybe I just got luckyā€¦

Just for fun I tried a 2nd time and managed to get into the Instillation Manager without error.

Iā€™m downloading the 40.25GiB update nowā€¦ This is gonna take a while!

Time for lunch :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like