Can't access VR menu after update

Sorry. Worked for me.

Hello everyone,

my mouse and VR controller didnā€™t work for me either. However, the windows under VR can be switched off under the menu item Difficulty level in the 2D view because after the update my entire difficulty menu was reset, I have now set everything to be difficult again. Take a look at the individual menu items as not everything is reset to difficult and then switch them off in the difficulty setting submenus! If you now switch off the VR controller you can use the mouse again to control the aircraft and the menu and everything is at least usable as before the update. That with VR controller support was a letdown but if it should stay deactivated it should work, at least thatā€™s how it works for me!

Iā€™ll download it after all, then, as I always have the VR controllers switched off when I fly (legacy of FlyInside)

You bought a good gameā€¦but I certainly agree the sim feels like it should have the ā€œearly accessā€ tag.

1 Like

Tried the various ā€˜hot fixesā€™ -
CTRL 0, CTRL SPACE then CTRL 0, TAB then CTRL 0 etcā€¦ still cant click on the VR pop up menu
Did not work for meā€¦ :sob:

This fixed it for me
I assigned INSTRUMENT VIEW 10 to my Joystickā€¦ pop up the VR menu, mouse now works, reset viewā€¦and carry on

Itā€™s driving me crazy trying to figure out what GTN means.

So still seeing some conflicting reports about fixes for the VR toolbar not working with mouse clicks or VR controllers. What about the keyboard bindings? I donā€™t always use the menu, I will often use keyboard for common commands, or have them mapped to a button on my yoke or throttle.

Is the problem with the mouse or with the toolbar?

I am looking forward to spending hours trying to get it into an airworthy condition if the download ever ends. 33+ GB? Wow!

@SeedyL3205 @Jummivana any chance we can get some feedback on a fix timeline?

1 Like

Same probleme here, no working mouse not even click on instruments using VR controllers.

Referring to the GTN750 GPS unit addon that you can access in VR and move around the cockpit, for any plane.

Instrument View 10 worked for me getting mouse working.
Now just gotta figure out how to get VR Zoom back as I lost it with making the change to Instrument View 10. I assigned it to button on my stick.

Same here, VR completely unusable. Please fixā€¦ Its crazy to release an update with this known bug on it. Its a very cheap bug, expected in a 1 euro or free app update. I cannot believe this kind of bugs happen here.
I work on software industry, a review of Asobo testing process is mandatory imho. Milestones and pressure is no excuse for this.
Thank you for advancing in the product, but Reno races are pointless if the rest is broken at the same time.

4 Likes

Many thanks you save my day hope they will fix it waiting for hotfix

2 Likes

Iā€™ve bound instrument view 10 and toolbar to the same button, works great.

2 Likes

Ok got both Instrument View 10 and reset cockpit view assigned to buttons on my flight-stick, so now I can alternate between having toolbars I can click on with mouse and a working VR zoom.
At least it is a work around that works, but would be very nice to have it back the way it was to eliminate those extra button presses.

On a positive note so far SU7 has been very stable for me, out of five app one hours flights I have had only one CTD, and that one was when I changed to DX12 to check it out. Back to DX11 and still no CTD yet, which is unusual for me. So in that department looking pretty good so far.
My VR performance seems about the same, runs really nice in my Reverb G2 with Open XR.

2 Likes

It would be really cool as a fellow simmer to share more than just
ā€œIā€™ve bound instrument view 10 and toolbar to the same button, works great.ā€

There are a lot of new blood in this hobby and we all learn from each other.
Thank you, from another VR Beta Participant.

1 Like

Sorry, assign them as you would with any other setting. If you canā€™t find it you can do a search in controls menu. When you find instrument 10, bind it to a button, then bind toolbar to the same button, youā€™ll get a warning that button is used elsewhere but just assign it anyway.
Hope that helps.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

ctrl 1, ctrl 1

Well, for me ctrl+0 was no solution as in the FBW A32NX it changes camera position, assigning another camera pisition to ctrl+0 did not work either.
For me ā€œhomecockpit modeā€ to ā€œONā€ in the camera menu did the trick. Now mouse funtion is exactly as before SU 7 in VR. Try and report if it solved your problem with toolbar and atc. For me it did.

2 Likes