Can't access VR menu after update

no, this is a sideeffect of the homecockpit. its as expected behavior. basically u need to find a middleground.

Works fine for me

It works but itā€™s slower many times
If you wanna use the forum search, you can use the magnifier already, by kidnaping CTRL+F they are giving you less options

For all who have this issue and other issues, please PLEASE file a ZENDESK TICKET. Asobo dont look at these comments but if most of us complin through a ticket, it will hit them harder to fix it asap. This is what they look at.
So please do this, as many of you as you can. with this and other issues your having. Its worth it and will get to them. thanks
BTW I have this issue too amongst other issues. No toolbar in VR. CTD when exiting VR. Very annoying indeed.

3 Likes

Zendesk Ticket request: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

SU7 Ticket +1

1 Like

To get back to normal mode just shut down WMR-donĀ“t use the keyboard shortcut-2d mode is then working as usual.
To utilize the toolbar switch to VR-then under options go to Camera settings, activate
Home cockpit-save and use toolbar as usual. Only the right mouse click zoom function
does not work.

Sorry, but this is no solution to the problem. VR is meant to use the keyboard as little as possible. Before SU7 this works fine, now it doesnā€™t anymore.

4 Likes

Nothing from Asobo on this poor show .

7 Likes

I canā€™t believe thereā€™s not even a mention of a hot fix patch to sort this major VR toolbar issue out. Itā€™s really poor from Asobo, it was all working in SU6, why break it in SU7? This is exactly why I hate the SU WU updates, its like a whole new learning curve every timeā€¦ anyone know any different let me know. I cant keep using CTRL-0 or the Lock cockpit method, such a pain.

4 Likes

I agree Back to playing dcs FOR ME

1 Like

OK so!!!

Iā€™ve been fiddling around with this ā€˜MSFS2020ā€™ thingy trying to go for a flight in VR Mode.

Iā€™ve had limited success so hereā€™s what ā€œI thinkā€ Asobo has done to my rig. When they released SU7 they had no way of knowing what prior custom KB & Mouse profiles I made for myself. So!! I bit the bullet and backed off my own ā€˜super sweet custom keyboard & mouse profilesā€™ and re-engaged the default KB & Mouse Profiles under Control Options in MSFS2020. Now!!! thereā€™s a light at the end of the tunnel . . .

First, I had to get reacquainted with what keys and mouse buttons does what under the default profile.

Second, I used my new learnings to attempt to setup a flight in VR Mode and . . . . (voilĆ !!!) - some functionality.

With [Ctrl]+[Tab] - I can toggle VR Mode
With [Tab] - I can toggle the VR Toolbar

With the Oculus Rift S on my knucklehead, I press [Tab] to display the VR Toolbar and then press [Ctrl +0] to interact with the toolbar just as before SU7.

It looks like we must presume/assume whatever Asobo does, it will be in default profiles.

Question:
That ā€œpress [Ctrl +0] to interact with the toolbarā€ thing, did that come from Asobo or did someone in the community figure that out?

Ctrl-0 is no solution. It more or less worked on the C172, but not on the C208. The view it delivers it not usable in flight (looking at the right window). I filed a ticket at Zendesk, but it is very quiet since. This is no fun flying in VR anymoreā€¦

4 Likes

Thatā€™s what happens if you switch on home cockpit mode before switching to VR ā€¦ Ctrl-Tab doesnā€™t work. Just toggle it ON after Ctrl-Tab

1 Like

I bet them guys from x plane are having a good laugh at Asobo.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve read some of the fixes for VR but I havenā€™t read anything about how to fix space gap between the mouse cursor and the active buttons. There seems to be a 5" space making for difficulty when clicking on console controls. I donā€™t have this issue when in the msfs start up screen tools.
Anyone have any suggestions?
just verifiedā€¦itā€™s the
Also I cannot rotate the autopilot elevation dial in the TBM930 nor can I get rid of the steering column or seat belts?

Edit:
Itā€™s one of my modsā€¦will do a 1 by 1 removal/replace later to determine which.

Turns out it was the aircraft-tbm930-improvement mod causing all the issues except 1ā€¦ I still canā€™t remove the pilot from the cockpit.

Submitted.

Itā€™s amazing that we still have not heard anything except ā€œbug loggedā€ from the devs. I have gone back to X-plane and the Zibo mod. I only fly VR and VR is so broken right now.

I was actually expecting a quick hotfix for the VR menu issue. That should in my view have been done within a few days from release. At the latest the following week. Especially considering the bug was in the release notes!

5 Likes

The Asobo Police canned your post too! LOLā€¦Go ahead, make my day!

2 Likes

Still waiting to use my left click mouse. comon this cant be true?