Can't Add Intermediate Waypoints Following Sim Update 9

I can’t add any custom or intermediate waypoints on the world map following Sim Update 9. I can add departure and destination waypoints, but nothing in between.

Cool! :sunglasses:

Having a similar issue of the world map setting up routing.

Update: The next day, I was able to add or remove waypoints in the world map.

1 Like

This was a issue prior to SU9 for me, although it resolved without any known intervention form myself

1 Like

Having the same issue, also missing some ILS.

1 Like

I have been having the same problem since a previous “upgrade” I can only fly direct - no approaches, no sids no stars. So no instrument flights. What gives?

1 Like

I have no ILS at KJFK or GCTS for example. SU9 completely broke ifr for me :frowning:

1 Like

Same happened to me today. Urgggg this sim!

1 Like

This first occurred for me after today’s hotfix. When searching for a particular waypoint or VOR in the World Map to make modification to a flight plan, the Zoom-To does not work, nor does the item searched for appear in the drop-down. I have found that it does appear on the map itself if you allow the correct filters and then you can find it and hand select it to add it. Very annoying issue, but it can be worked around until a fix is put into place.

Again, this a NEW bug for me 05-11-22.

Hello @KodiakJac ,
Could you please describe the steps you took or include a screenshot?

In the future, please do not delete the bug template. It is there for a reason.

I also have this issue. I updated the sim yesterday 11th Nov 2022 and can no longer add intermediate waypoints on the world map.

If i click an intermediate waypoint the popup appears but when i click ADD nothing happens. This was after choosing a direct vfr route.

Stinger

Hi Stinger,
Do you have the ability to make a video? This is what happens when I add an intermediate waypoint. It works okay for me.

Hi,
I have further information with a tip from a user on another forum.

The FIRST time I try to do what you show in your video the ADD link on the popup
doesn’t function ,that is, it is visible but when I click it the popup disappears but the waypoint is not added. But I have now found that if I escape back to the main menu, then go back to the world map, my flightplan is still there and the ADD link then works ok.

So it seems to be a bug, but at least I now have a workaround.

Sorry, I don’t know how to add a video to this post.

regards
Stinger

Hmm, that’s strange. Unfortunately (or maybe “fortunately”, for me), this doesn’t happen to me.

This is just a boilerplate question, but just to rule it out any addons, have you tried doing this in safe mode and seeing if it happens? I think you can still enter safe mode by using Alt+F4 in MSFS and then restarting MSFS and choosing safe mode.

IHi and thanks for the suggestion as I tried safe mode and all was ok.

Subsequent investigations have showed that certain addons are causing this. So far I have identified 5 different airports that cause the issue. I am now going through all of my addons to see which require updating. It may be that the developers of these addons have already issued updates to sort it out. I will report back with a list of my addons known to cause it so that others can check their own if they are having this issue.

cheers
Stinger

Thank you for that information!

@KodiakJac , have you tried safe mode to see if this is an issue for you?

It seems to be addon airports. Not all but for me but everything I own from Burning Blue Designs, Everything from UK2000 Scenery, LYTV Privat Montenegro by Pyreegue ev Co, ORBX EGSG Stapleford, PilotPlus London Oxford, PilotPlus Wycombe Air Park.

I suspect that there is more, so Asobo need to look into this I think.

cheers
Stinger

I have been in touch with Burning Blue Designs and they have tested their products and cannot repeat the bug. So it seems a bug specific to some systems with certain addon airports clashing with something on those systems. But this only started after an Asobo uodate so this can only be fixed by Asobo.