Can't Find Other Pilots on Reno Air Races

I enjoy flying Reno Air Races, but I rarely can get more than 1 other player. This makes it hard, because I usually have to sit around and wait for another player to join. Sometimes I can’t even find another player on other any airplane.

Does anyone else have this issue, or is it just me? Or is there a better time than others to fly Reno Air Races during the day?

1 Like

Try changing your server, just watch the latency not too high for other servers.

It would be interesting to see some Stats on Reno Participation over time since it was 1st released, as well as number of pilots who purchased over time

Maybe the reason these are not be publicized by MS, is that it turned out to be a total FLOP … or did it … please tell us ?

Certainly the Impression one gets, when trying to find anyone to race with, is that less and less pilots are participating as the weeks go by.

I cannot help but wonder, if all the work & time that went into making RENO, had gone into fixing issues in the sim, what better shape the Sim would be in today ?

5 Likes

Does the automatic server work well? Or should I choose my own server? Thanks for the help!

A lot of useful improvements came out of Reno, including better multiplayer code, ground effect sim, preliminary wake turbulence implementation etc.

Also a lot of new aircraft.

Don’t miss the forest for the trees, everything they do improves the backend sim in many ways.
I don’t think the mode was as successful as Asobo would have liked but it was not wasted effort.

5 Likes

the aircraft are so bad, no fun to fly these solo.

2 Likes

100% agree — although the Wake Turbulence addition might need some careful consideration !!

see

It doesn’t seem like server matters, you can get matched with anyone. Remaining in automatic selection should be perfectly fine.

Checkout out this topic: Reno Air Racing Community Discord - #13 by DrMacabre1602

We have a small community on discord who plays Reno regularly together on voice, and help each other get fast. Easier to see when others are playing!

1 Like

Thank you! That helped a lot!

Is there a regular time when the group flies usually? If so, do you know the time when the group flies?

Thank you!

Why not just ask the group themselves, in their Group Discord server ??

Yes come join us and discuss there! But to answer your question, and for anyone else curious, we have people racing regularly on European evening and USA evening times (3-6 people), maybe a few times a week. We sometimes even have enough people to fill a full lobby. We haven’t done any scheduled events yet, but there is definitely talk of that!

Ay Carumba! Given the wishlist fully open to all suggestions, voted on by the community and regularly used to make content decisions, I’d say that comment is one of the most unreasonable I’ve seen on this forum.

Not being able to race against AI aircraft renders the whole add-on useless when nobody is around to fly or when participation lowers over time. They should have thought about that.

1 Like

For me, the lack of AI opponents was and still is crazy. Chasing your own ghost plane is as close as it gets. That and the single looped course per aircraft type boredom factor. One 8 loop session is usually enough to last me a month or more. Even if not part of the official races, why no reverse loops just to mix things up a bit?

Yeah, you can tell just by the amount of chatter on the forum here that Reno gets compared to other add-ons.

The T-6 class is a lot of fun for day VFR. Stable, trims well, great cockpits. It’s a shame because these aircraft have stunning visual models and audio recordings, better than most if not all third party add-ons I’ve tried. They just need a little more work and a few more features to elevate them beyond “basic”. But I fear they’ll just be abandoned by Asobo and unmoddable by anyone else.

1 Like

Thank you! That helped a lot!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.