Can't get rid of tooltips or the white drop down arrow

Hello.

Hoping someone can help me here, it’s been stopping me from flying for quite a while.

I’ve reset all controls and settings and nothing makes the white arrow at the top disappear or the tooltips go away when hovering over controls. Not the big tooltips, the small ones.

Destroying all immersion and enjoyment unfortunately.

Thanks

Use legacy mode (not the flightmodel) and turn off tooltips, I think it is under accessibility in the menu.

Unfortunately this doesn’t remove the stupid white arrow.

1 Like

The white arrow at the top can be turned of by a mod at flightsim.to

You can try this mod - No Handle Bar » Microsoft Flight Simulator

Ideally we should have an option built into the sim. I read in the blog that it should have been in the last sim update.

No need :wink:

Backup file named ToolBar.css

Official\OneStore\fs-base-ui-pages\html_ui\Pages\ToolBar

After that go to

Official\OneStore\fs-base-ui-pages\html_ui\Pages\ToolBar\

In notepad++ or notepad open file named ToolBar.css
Go to line 46 (opacity)
Change 1 to 0

Before

After

Save changes and launch MSFS :wink:

source https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/official-discussion-upcoming-hotfix-announcement/436058/615

2 Likes

This bug appeared after SU5 and hasn’t been resolved yet. A workaround until it is fixed is once you are finished with a mouse click/movement is switch to the external camera and press any of the arrow keys and it will fade out until the next mouse click/movement. I saw this an earlier post.

1 Like

That’s what mod does, without the need to edit original files.

Read comments :wink:

i am seeing CTDS in SU5. Always, replicable CTDs when Going Back to Main Menue. Having it removed no CTDS

Also getting CTD when this mod is active together with the TBM+TBM improvement mod+G3000 mods. Instant CTD when TBM’s battery switch activated. This was repeatable. Removing No Handle Bar mod eliminated the CTD’s.

Same here.

So edit toolbar.css and fly without CTD :wink:

Noe need - just press arrow key.
Source https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/cannot-interact-with-cockpit-buttons/426353/16

Yep, just tried that and since it does shift the camera in cockpit view I just click the opposing key to bring it back. Hope they fix this with SU6.

Thanks everyone will read everything properly and se e what I can sort out.

I’ve tried a mod though and it didn’t work

The White arrow on my monitor goes away if i move the mouse cursor to the far left of the screen, Give it a try and let me know if it works for you.

No, moving the mouse off any side of the scren does nothing. Mods do nothing. Is it worth totally removing and reinstalling? I won’t fly it until sorted

Backup file named ToolBar.css

Official\OneStore\fs-base-ui-pages\html_ui\Pages\ToolBar\Toolbar.css

After that go to

Official\OneStore\fs-base-ui-pages\html_ui\Pages\ToolBar\

In notepad++ or notepad open file named ToolBar.css
Go to line 46 (opacity)
Change 1 to 0

Before

After

Save changes and launch MSFS :wink:

1 Like

This worked once I’d removed the mods.

Thank you

You’re very welcome.

Mark as solution.

[SOLUTION] for me.

Thanks, that worked! Even though I’m not familiar playing with computer coding this was straightforward. It totally removes the handle from view vs it going back to the original fade out of probably what “transition” is related to but I never liked the handle anyway. The menu bar still fades out and moussing over brings it right back. This is a long term better solution for me so even if they fix it in the next sim update I know how to turn it off!

1 Like

You’re very welcome.

4 me 2 mate :wink:

How to mark as solution? Just preface my post? Not seeing any menu items for “solution”.

Topic author @YensenMcGraw or @CategoryMods can mark as solution