Can't Save Custom Weather

I’m confused why I can’t save or copy my personal custom weather setup? As you can see I’m using preset “Dan’s Clouds” (which I made a couple months ago) however I have made some slight alterations, but the save button is still grayed out…

Hey @SinfulDanTheMan. I moved your post here in the #self-service:weather subcategory where questions about weather are being discussed. Lot’s of very knowledgeable folks here to help.

1 Like

Missing apostrophe. Bug?

I suggest change title to “Can’t save custom weather”

1 Like

changed title

Hey @SinfulDanTheMan
Sorry to say I can’t duplicate right now. When you saved the original modified weather file, did you save it to your PC?? If so, is it possible it’s write protected that file for some reason??
I’ll keep looking into the issue.
Regards

i just types “Dans Clouds” into the weather screen there to make a new preset a few weeks ago.

Now in a new flight I select “Dans Clouds” from the drop down, and then do something minor like remove the snow. The save button never becomes clickable. Am I doing it right? When you change any part of the weather shouldn’t the buttons become clickable?

First, I’m assuming you’re on PC. I’m not sure if it works the same way on xbox…
Does the “Dans Clouds” setting you made work ok (before you make any further changes)?
I’m assuming when you made “Dans Clouds” you started with one of the preset weathers, made the changes you wanted, and then hit the “save as” icon, and then when the pop up box comes up, you put in your custom name, and decided whether to save to the “XBox cloud storage” or “save to this PC” option. Neither of those options should normally make any file “read only”, so that shouldn’t be a problem unless something else was done.
I’m grasping at straws, because I’ve not had the issue of not being able to make changes (even to a custom weather that I had previously made).
I’ll keep trying to work the issue.
Regards

I’ve had this happen to me and, if I recall correctly, you can force the save button to appear by changing the winds a little. You can make a change and then change it back if you want.

It seems to be a new bug. You can also edit the .WPR file directly if you know the values.

1 Like

thanks ill try that. i was only changing the temps and snow