Can't Seem To Use Liveries on Reno Aircraft

I’m experiencing a rather annoying issue with regards to adding third party liveries to some of the individual Reno aircraft. I’m currently using the PC version, Windows 10 and have purchased two individual aircraft from the Reno series (OK call me “El cheapo”, lol). I downloaded two liveries for each of the aircraft, but they don’t show up in my liveries selection area. I was aware of this issue where it was known that you had to have the complete set of aircraft (L-39 for example) for this to work. Does anyone out there have a possible fix or workaround for this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Bear in mind, the set of planes you get with the full package are all different planes, not a fixed plane for each class , with multiple liveries.

It sound like you got a livery for a Boeing, and are upset because it does not work with an Airbus.

Maybe go back to the Livery developer, and they can tell you where things are going wrong.

Thanks for your quick reply N6722C, but I’m not looking to make a Boeing livery work with an Airbus, I’m just looking to get an L-39 livery to work with an L-39 aircraft! :rofl:

OK, smart answer – which proves you did not read or understand the analogy.

You are probably trying to get an “acquired” livery from one of the Full Package L-39s, fit onto the standard default non-premium L-39. ?

I’d be more worried about announcing what I was doing, if I were you …

I’m terribly sorry to have OFFENDED you! :laughing:

No Offence – where did you get the addon Liveries,

Maybe I could try to reproduce you issue, and offer you some help :smiley:

Both liveries were downloaded from Flightsim.to and were created by kcgb. I also read that there is a requirement to have the base plane which comes with the set. Just need to find a way to make it work on an individual plane if possible, I obviously lack in advanced computer skills (if I did I would create my own liveries!) but it makes no sense to me that if you have one plane from the set you would be OK for a livery that was created for the set to work on one of the planes from that set. Kind of an annoying deal for an oldtimer like me! :laughing:

You probably need to edit the text files in the livery you downloaded and make them point to your particular L-39 model. I assume they’re pointing to a different one which you don’t have.

Dig into the folders in the livery you downloaded, open up aircraft.cfg and texture.cfg in notepad and change the folders in there point to the L-39 variant you have.

Not sure that’s going to work though as it’s possible the L-39s have different texture layouts between the models, but that’s what I would start poking around with.

We’ll have to give it a go this evening when I get home from work, thanks Skip! :smiley: