Carenado Mooney 20R fuel selector dont work

the fuel selector on my M20R dont work, is this a SU 5 related bug?
can only start plane using crtl-e

Yes it is. Also I can´t change NAV2 frequencies on the Mooney and in the Seneca.

Carenado is working on updates to their stuff for SU5. Most of them are broken in various ways.

1 Like

One step forward; two steps back!

Confirmation of those problems on Carenado Mooney 20 after msfs update :

1. Fuel selector : cannot be enabled
  2. NAV2 and COM 2 radio frequencies : no more selectable
  3. Spoilers (air brake) : cannot be enabled

This is a first check and maybe not an exhaustive list…

2 Likes

are you sure its not because the ‘‘toggle spoiler’’ dont work at all for all planes?

Yes I am quite sure. The speed brake (spoilers) were working before the last update on Mooney R20 Carenado. This issue is also reported by some other people on the forum. But if you have a solution to fix the problem, we all take it with pleasure.

they are working perfectly fine

Like I said, it’s not working because the ‘‘TOGGLE SPOILER’’ fonction in MSFS is not working anymore.
test it with the 747/787/CJ4/ etc, spoilers are not working with the TOGGLE SPOILER

just bind ‘‘extend spoiler’’ & ‘‘retract spoiler’’ to something

Hopefully they’re actually working on the bug. Carenado has been notoriously bad about not fixing bugs prior to the release of MSFS. Hopefully, the fact that they sell it through the MSFS store, will make them be more attentive to fixing bugs.

I also can not select left or right fuel and the spoilers don’t activate, but you can hear them.

Still no fixes for the Mooney … this is so annoying.

1 Like

Temporary solution: uninstall via the Content Manager and wait patiently for an update through the Marketplace.

Watching the forum on a daily basis should alert you to an update being released, even if the model is not installed on your system.

In the meantime, fly any of the other available aircraft and - if they have the G1000 installed - check out the early release NXi from Working Title. :slight_smile:

1 Like

-sarcasm on-
wow, thank you so much for such an ingenious “solution” (uninstalling what I paid for and just shutting up playing something else) … maybe that concept would work for the whole simulator as well.
-sarcasm off-

seriously: why exactly should uninstalling be helpful in any way? And sure, I do flying other aircraft for now and the G1000nxi is fun. But that changes nothing about the topic of this thread annoyingly being still (after >1 month) relevant.

2 Likes

What should the latest version be for the M20R fix after SU5? Mine shows 1.3. Carenado’s website shows the latest version as 1.3 This version no longer works.

Update is available in the Content Manager

1 Like

Yup and everything so far works after the new update in the content manager, also the WF5 updated as well.

update in the content manager. 9/17/2021

I was aware of that, thanks for the hint. :+1:

Flew the Mooney (patch 1.4.0) today for a bit over an hour. Works as expected… certainly no worse than it did prior to being grounded for five weeks.

It’s a fun aircraft to fly… fast and thrifty on fuel… great range! Lands really sweet too. :slight_smile:

Glad it’s back!

Indeed, the fuel selector does not work, but the spoilers do work, you just have to activate them using the key you choose, within the Control Options menu, and extend or retract disruptors in Secondary Control Surfaces