Carenado PA34T Seneca V Weather Radar not working for me

Started up switch on the radar and nothing… I flew for a while and nothing.

Interesting,

can you confirm that pointer really point to ON? I see it at last position after ON. Maybe you can do step by step, init, wait, …

Update: also if you have set weather to OFF (in cfg menu) I expect no cells on screen so if it will not work for you I recommend better call Carenado.

1 Like

Trust me I am running it as we speak (type) and the radar is set to on but no response…

2 Likes

Trust me I am running it as we speak (type) and the radar is set to on but no response…

1 Like

ok coolz tnx

And you start from cold/dark on parking or load saved flight? Sry, try help you with more possibilities.

cold and dark

and you have for sure set use Online weather in sim cfg options (as test only)? Then very sry to not help further, maybe reinstall, better uninstall and instal again if it goes ok.

1 Like

Yup weather is online, I don’t think that would prevent the radar from turning on, it might affect what shows up on the radar.

Glad to help, happy flying with Seneca :wink:

1 Like

tnx for trying I appreciate it… i sent a ticket to Carenado lets see what they say

2 Likes

Found the culprit thanks to this post, it turns out that its the B78XH MOD thats causing the issue

Malfunctions like this are very often caused by some mod.

In case you don’t use it already, I strongly recommend MSFS AddonLinker to easily switch on and off mods.

2 Likes

Hello all,

yes, it can be reason but really I apreciate some infos after Carenado call for support as we mentioned. I can confirm, I have no addons and all is working ok instead of some Garmin parameters what I mentioned in one of Seneca topics.

1 Like

tnx for this man. Can this be used when updating the sim as well, in that you can switch off all the mods instead of manually taking them out of the community folder?

If I can answer,

also Microsoft recommend prior do Update, move all content from Community to safe place. You can do it without problems if Update message is visible, you can then go to system and move all to other place. You need simply confirm update process start so you have time to do that move of content. Then return to sim and click Update. After all move back all what you want. This is safe and always recommended procedure.

No need to answer the previous question I just looked at a video on yt about it… it’s perfect for updates cuz it actually requires you to move your addons out of the community folder…this also means faster startups for me hehehe…tnx

I found an update to a newer version of the B78XH Mod and after updating it and putting it back in the community folder (via Addonlinker) it kept working. Funny how the mods work. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Whats the release date of that version or better yet send me the link plz?

What’s the release date of that version or better yet send me the link plz?