Carenado PC-12

I can’t believe that engine/fuel gauges still dont work even after update, do we need to wait another 4 months to get those fixed ? Definitely the last carenado product I will buy.

1 Like

Yeah seems like it. Still broke for me and no way I’m downgrading my Windows or using the other graphics display that makes everything else slower.

I wish I was smart enough to fix it myself.

1 Like

Thanks, that’s the documentation I’ve seen, but it’s pretty narrow - there’s a lot that isn’t addressed in there, for example, environmental controls and pressurization, where do I find the switch for x, all that. It does cover the basics pretty well, though, I guess. A minor quibble. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That makes sense, as without live traffic, there wouldn’t be any other Carenado aircraft models present at the airfield to get “picked up” by the sound system.

1 Like

In addition, with FSLTL the traffic on the ground and in the air is much better and you don’t have to do without multiplayer.

To follow-up to my last post of digital avionics and GPS not showing —

Cause: JD’s PMS GTN 750 Mod.

Resolution: Delete the MOD from the Community Folder.

Also reported in the PMS 750 GPS - screen buttons not working —

Cause: Conflict with WT GN530

Resolution: go to PMS website and download a file.

I still have issue with the takeoff roll of the PC12. I departed from KBJC 30R and used ALL of the runway and was getting the stall warning until I cleaned up. This would not be the case in real life.

1 Like

Bought this morning and did several real life Sounds Air NZ routes today and was impressed…great fun to fly. I didn’t have any issues using it with the TDS GTNxi 750 (my fav for all aircraft that support it) and no performance issues although all my flights were < 1 hour. I guess it’s good I waited for the update and looking forward to more flights. Wish there are a few more liveries (e.g. Surf Air in California) but it sounds like it lacks a paint kit so difficult to make.

3 Likes

There is an odd thing happening with lots of aircraft that in multiplayer loud engine sounds from other aircraft come crashing into you sometimes on an empty field

1 Like

Disappointing there isn’t a fix for those on Windows 11 22H2 and you have to use the turning off Use Nanovg for XML Gauges workaround even though it can make some of the other gauges such as the ALT selector look bad.

I’m not convinced it’s Win11H2 or whatever it’s called. I haven’t gone back through all the threads here but I think there was at least one person on Win11H2 without this problem.

Plus, why don’t other planes have this problem? Why just this plane? Further, MSFS is packaged with libraries needed to run properly (except for DX11/12), so what would be different in the MSFS install that would break these gauges for some of us??

I’m not sure why this is my hill to die on. But it really bothers me. Praying for SWS PC12 release soon.

There is a brightness setting for that display. It works just fine, actually.

This is not Carenado but several other planes have this. Its caused (likely) by the new Airbus 310. If there is another multiplayer with that plane in the area its loud. Turn off multiplayer. This happens to several other planes

This is not central to Windows or anything else but Carenado.

It’s nothing to do with Win 11 22H2, it’s a Carenado PC-12 issue.

I reported both the FM issues and the NanoVG issue.

“Sorry for the inconveniences, we have found some inconveniences with Working Title GNS430/530, we are working with them in order to solve this as soon as possible.
We are aware of these issues and we are working to fix them for the next version.”

Of course, they won’t say when the next version will be out.

1 Like

Ah…that explains why I don’t see the problem even though I have win1122h2 installed. I had to uninstall WT 530 anyway a while back because it conflicts with TDS GTNxi.
The only problem I’ve had so far is it doesn’t save my prefers avionics setup and I have to go to the tablet to choose the TDS when I first load the plane.

yeah that’s kind of what i was saying i never said it was carenado others were
but i don’t think A310 is responsible, I’ve heard it on empty airports, ive heard piston sounds and jet
though turning MP off always cures it

2 Likes

I don’t even think I have the WT 530 installed so I’m not sure it’s related to that. I’ll double check though.

I renamed the community folder just to make sure and only have the PC12 installed via the marketplace but still have the issue with NanoVG. I do wonder why some people have it and some people don’t even though they are on the same Windows version.

Only WorkingTitle addon I have installed is the G1000NXI part of the default sim now.

I guess we will have to see if Carenado eventually fix this issue.

1 Like

Anyone know how to set the Use nanovg for XML gauges to off and have the change persist restarts?

Based on other threads I’ve seen there’s no way to persist this setting.

Maybe if you keep Dev Mode turned on?? Not able to test right now but might be something to try.

Please know that this may impact other planes’ performance.