Carenado PC-12

Wait, what? That is a new bug i never hear of before haha

Was really hoping this plane would work better in SU10

Let’s see if the PC-12 wins the Carenado patch/update lottery…

3 Likes

I will admit I have not read the entire thread but I have 2 problems with the PC12

1. The fuel gauge seems to always be full

2. What on earth is the 2FPS when I am landing (SU 10 - DLSS on or off - 3090)

the don’t use “works perfectly”, because it does not.

2 Likes

Not sure what the issue is but … since I don’t have ‘inside’ information I can only report issues not ‘solve’ them. Frankly, there are too many variables to understand and make an informed judgment. Having said all that —
I have not been able to ‘fly’ the PC-12 out of Ronald Reagan KDAC. When aircraft is spawned it is either CTD or spawns with flaps and other instruments not working or working in one part not the other ie flap indicator works but the flap level doesn’t.

Sadly at this point, I’ll move back to a plane that isn’t so picky.

dw

Strange… I flew the PC-12 out of Wellington last night for some touch & go’s and it loaded up without issue.

1 Like

That’s great for you. Some of us are having issues. With nothing in the community folder, the Nxi is removed from the marketplace, regardless of the settings…I notice FPS degradation after about an hour of flight time.
I reported this performance loss to Carenado (because complaining on here will get us nowhere) and they stated they are working on a new version “soon.”
This includes removing the GNS750, or any mods of any kind.

2 Likes

This plane is a pile of garbage. On Xbox just now I’ve just ctd in it whilst starting a flight between two default airports.

This is maddening!!!

1 Like

NeoFly doesn’t support PC-12 yet. Are you talking about Onair?

You can add it to the database yourself if you want. I did just that when the Mooney M20R was released.

1 Like

Same here. This plane is bugged beyond belief. I received the same message from Carenado support two (!) weeks ago… Maddening indeed. It was the last time I bought something from Carenado.

Are you talking about V3 or V4 beta Neofly?

I don’t remember the version, but I suspect V2. A database has all of the settings in it, including available planes to purchase. It’s documented in the main Neofly thread I believe. Follow up there rather than here.

Fuel gauge is working fine for me. But if I remember correct, someone here mentioned problems. They missed the whole moving tape on the engine Panel. (Someone has the same problem i guess. @ShugstaC?)

FPS degradation is a thing on my machine as well. And it is bad. It is the only aircraft with such poor performance (compared to Fenix, Kodiak and just flight PA28). Occurs if flights are longer than 90 minutes and it goes from 60fps to sub 10fps in 15 minutes.

My solution is:
Fly with autopilot on and bind keys to avionic master 1 and 2. Switch them off before landing. Your frame rate will be buttery smooth, as it should be (or was on your takeoff)

1 Like

Strange - I’ve been flying it around on my Xbox X for weeks on the beta and now SU10 and whilst I’ve had my share of Xbox CTDs, none of them have been with the PC12.
One with Cessna 414
Two with Hjet
One with stock TBM
One with ceranado/Asobo Bonanza

The ‘plane definitely isn’t a load of garbage in any case - Xbox CTDs still too frequent I think

Pilatus PC-12 shortest takeoff Locher Airfield - YouTube
PC12 in game cannot come close to being able to do this.

1 Like

I use every bit of the runway and barely clear the trees. Forget about getting above the wires.

1 Like

Hammer moderate comparison :slight_smile:
a) PC-12/45 with 4 blade propeller in the game (1996-2004/5)
b) your video shows a PC-12 with a 5 blade propeller - I don’t know so well that I could say which version - but always draw comparisons with things that are not the same… of course, then it’s easy to whine about

It would be nice if various critics would just stick to the facts - that helps us and the developers…
This helps no one :wink:

2 Likes

You can add it yourself to NF3, it’s not yet in NF4.