Carenado PC-12

I’m glad I held off on this one for a bit.

Massive disappointment though, I was really looking forward to it.

2 Likes

They didn’t do it on purpose? We’ve been waiting for this plane since April, it’s a joke. They kept ‘‘coming soon’’ since April and what? They release a buggy plane, i can’t belive no one of their testers had this problem. Otherwise they didn’t even said anything or announced a fix to this.

1 Like

I have to agree with this. The plane is not great. Also the time it takes to get updates is beyond crazy. Look at this

Released September 3rd!!! I did not get this update till Sept 30th, I check every day…Awful

1 Like

If your not doing proper Quality Control, and rushing it out the door to try and beat a competitor to the market, thats intentional, and on purpose. Im not on the “■■■ carenado” train, only other plane i got was the skymaster, and was happy with it, but when company try undersell the comp., at our expense, taking our money, and wasting our time, thats not ok, when they offer no reassurance to the community, again, poor customer service, and they need to be held accountable. i know i’ll never “day 1” with them again

3 Likes

The worst part is their communication in my opinion. This company doesn’t communicate at all to their customers nor in any social platform. We don’t know who are they, who is behind this company. It’s a shady way to do business in 2022.

So we don’t know if they are actually working on fixing this plane or not. It’s also a perfect way to do what they want with no pressure. Maybe it’s a brillant idea.

4 Likes

Yep exactly…a shadow company without and communication to their clients…

1 Like

They’ve lost their way after releasing the M20R, in my opinion. Their communication is awful, they seemingly care far more for aesthetics than the actual dynamics of the product, they seem way more interested in releasing those rubbish (again, in my opinion) famous flyers et al, than actually providing solid customer service. I wouldn’t touch any of their products with a bargepole. It’s a real shame as the Mooney was really good, I thought.

2 Likes

Yes, quality control didn’t work out at all this time. But why is it intentional? It’s an oversight. The errors simply weren’t detected. Could be the testing method, could be the testers. It’s a mistake. We all make them. Every single developer (apart from JustFlight) has released at least one aircraft for MSFS that had issues. Some of them pretty grave. Nothing intentional about that.

Also, since the competitor (SWS) more or less said they would be releasing it by the end of the year, Carenado had no need to rush things. In fact - if you go farther UP the thread you will see that the pressure didn’t come from the competition but there was a lot of pressure to release it from the customers after it was announced as “almost ready” in spring.

As I said above, my take on the situation is that Carenado made a miscalculation and took on more work than they can handle, by doing the Local Legends for Microsoft. As far as I know Carenado haven’t announced a new plane since the PC-12 in spring. So it looks to me they are swamped with the work for Microsoft.

They released an immense amount of aircraft in a very short time. And since big companies like Microsoft don’t take “no” for an answer when it comes to release dates, they have little choice but to prioritise the work for Microsoft - including the bug fixes - or risk losing the contract and thus a lot of money.

In my opinion - after the fact - Carenado should have taken more time for the release of the PC12.
But calling it intentional is totally baseless. If my theory works out they made some serious mistakes and by not communicating, they risk alienating their customers. Which would be a shame, since they did far better when it comes to keeping planes up to date and fixing errors in MSFS than they did in FSX and XP11.

2 Likes

I agree. I don’t actually own any Carenado planes for MSFS because they’re not editable, and all of Carenado’s previous planes desperately needed editing (see Bert Pieke’s mods on the Unofficial Carenado Support forum at Avsim.com).
My theory on this PC-12 is that Carenado planned the release to coincide with the release of SU10 and the NanoVG update, which should have cured the XML gauge FPS-killer issues.
SU10 was delayed, making Carenado look like fools, and when SU10 was eventually released the NanoVG update didn’t work on the PC-12’s FPS issues, making Carenado look like even bigger fools.
If Carenado are re-considering their relationship with MS/Xbox Studios/Asobo Studios right now, who could blame them? The PC-12 has a huge amount of XML code which needs re-writing from scratch, and that’s going to take months, not weeks.

2 Likes

Suddenly part of the Avionics doesnt show up anymore…also my GTN 750 doesnt comes up if I slecect it…

Are you using the PMS GTN? They just released a mandatory update a few days ago - apparently Windows Defender was detecting something with it as a virus and that was causing issues with avionics displays being blank, etc. Happened to me with the RV-14. Updated the GTN and everything worked again. So, while this PC-12 may have issues, the issue you’re talking about might not be related to it.

@TBM9009319 I think this might be your issue as well.

3 Likes

Thats it! Thx a lot for this hint…no it works again at least more or less normal beside the carenado bugs :wink:

1 Like

Absolute legend !! Will try this out later tonight, i thought it might of been something like that when no one else on here mentioned it. Thanks again man

They have usually released simple hot fixes short after releases on many of their planes. This is not normal even for Carenado.

Now most of you know what you are getting since this a sought after plane and probably sold well, be careful next time and don’t trust streamers.

M20R is an anomaly, a great plane, after that…

2 Likes

Timestamps: Introduction 0:06 Flight Plan 1:16 Departure 1:55 Engaging NAV Mode 3:07 Level at 6,500’ 5:00 Top of Descent 5:26 Waypoint WAMUV 6:34 Waypoint STRAD 7:19 Waypoint SKUBY 8:18 Descending to UNVIL 9:13 Glide Slope Capture (GPS to VLOC1) 11:30 Tom Cruise Cues Autopilot Disengage 12:59 Landing Replay 17:47 Taxi to Jet Aviation FBO 18:08

3 Likes

The C337 is very nice too tbh

1 Like

Another week, another development blog, another no-news-whatsoever from Carenado. This is frustrating man … :unamused:

6 Likes

The devblog has nothing to do directly with Carenado. It would merely note that a update would go online. Nothing else.

I know and realise that. However, the devblog also lists all new and updated products in the marketplace. And there was no such mention of the PC-12. Hence my disappointment.

7 Likes

So i am back at flying my PC-12. My frames were perfect until i pressed the buttons on this device. Frames dropped from 48 to 20 when i did. Not sure if this will help some of you. I never use that device. I was just bored so i played with it. Frames are back to good now.

Screenshot 2022-10-17 011638