Carenado PC-12

I just bought the PC-12. I can’t pre select autopilot modes on the gound, and I can’t even turn on the Flight Director without the AP being engaged. I had the PC-12 on X-plane, and I used to set up the AP before takeoff, heading select with runway heading dialed in, and a 10 degree pitch hold, Turn on the FD, and fly the FD manually until 1000 ft above the ground the turn on AP. Is the MSFS version just lacking the proper implementation or am I doing something wrong ?

How do you get the throttle to beta range? The propeller reverse thrust button in the sim doesnt work on the pc12.

Sadly got this yesterday thinking from a few reports it seemed to be mostly fixed i think its a great plane and flew very well sadly after 30-40 mins the fps plumetted to 9 fps, avidyne was turned OFF for whole flight and made no difference. I also noticed the working title G530 on the MP conflicts with something on the plane
so i really like it apart from its unusable due to the fps issue

2 Likes

I had the same issue, but then realized, when troubleshooting another issue, i had turned HAGS/game mode back on. i also found as soon as i turned on Avidyne it went form 40fps down to 9. But ive since turned HAGS/game mode back off, and after 2, 2+ hour flights, with avidyne on and off, im sitting around 52fps. still need test further but id start there…

I normally run legacy cockpit controls, but ive read on here earlier that some people have trouble interacting with cockpit using the other style (its called lock i think, can be found in Accessibility options)

Odd. I wad under the impression that Game Mode was now considered a good thing to have on (but keeping HAGS off).
For the beta? There are tutorials that can help set this up. Every set up is different and hopefully you can find a solution. Another question…how can I reply to multiple people in one comment?

well I’m getting fps drop and i don’t use hags.
have you got the GT 750 selected or the other one 530?

I used both, Pms GTN750 on first flight, and 530 (NOT working title version) on the 2nd. They were flights in pretty sparse environments (Australia & Africa) , where ive generally gotten better perf., so think i needa test more, just thought may help

oh ok, maybe i’ll try put it on, as for multipost, ive not seen multipost on here. i know other forums, like DCS, will do it automatically if you post back to back and no one replies between

reply from carenado says they are working to fix the fps drop on the next update the only problem is will i live that long

7 Likes

hahahaha - this is a question some of us will surely ask ourselves :smiley: :beers:

It turned out it was the Working Title GNS 530, after uninstalling it the AP works fine now.

2 Likes

lol since the release they are saying that

This mod has stopped working, it stops certain screens from working in the aircraft.

Just seen on Carenado Facebook that a new update is coming in January 23

They are looking at the GTN 530/430 and GTN750 integration.

Fingers crossed it’s a good update :crossed_fingers::pray:

2 Likes

I saw AVAngel posted a review yesterday on an update coming. Is that the same update or is Carenado planning on a second larger update on January 23rd?

1 Like

That was the recent update from Carenado from a couple of weeks back, not an upcoming update.

1 Like

Thank you! I don’t own the aircraft yet, but with the SWS PC-12 pushed out a bit I might have to pick this up to tide me over

Don’t make this mistake like many of us :wink:

6 Likes

They should better concentrate on making the instruments work, when using the up to date windows build - but actually I don’t care anymore. I uninstalled it and will wait for the sws version.

2 Likes