Carenado PC-12

Hello,

I need your help. How can I use the Propeller to brake the plane during landing? What do I need to set?

they just posted on FB today - admitted to a bunch of issues and working on updating the PC-12 and their whole fleet, and delaying the Archer II because of it.

copy/paste of their post:

“Friends, we have been a bit silent because we are working on the problems generated by the last update in some of our models, especially our PC12, in addition to other issues generated with the GTN750 nxi, we are solving problems with the GNS 530/430 updates of Working Titles in our models. We are updating too our entire fleet, solving old sounds bugs and avionics errors and also updating models to new standards, we are sorry for all the problems that may have been generated, this will delay the launch of our Archer a bit, which we hope will be with you the first days of January…thank you for all your support.”

4 Likes

depends on your hardware…
KBD - holding down F2 always works ( then F1 to go back to idle )

a lot of throttle h/w have a detent for REV range on jets - which is used for Beta range in most turboprops and that can be mapped in your control settings.

If you’re on a XBox - IDK, map a button or button combo for reverse?

For the sudden frame rate drop below 10 makes this bird a mess to fly…and everytime the turning off Use Nanovg for XML Gauges cant be the propper way

1 Like

Hello, I cannot go beyond the first screen onmy TDS GTN750 in the Carenado PC-12. I have tried uninstalling … reinstalling the gauge , the trainer and the aircraft. This has been a problem since the last update…
All is fine when I use it in the Asobo C208

Thank you

i just use the mouse on the throttle, once at idle, just drag it into the beta range (down), get ready to go back into idle because it probably works too good, and you’ll start going backwards down the runway

2 Likes

ForeFlight/GTN750 Flight Plan to Lukla, NEPAL in the PC12. A great winter flight! Merry Christmas!

4 Likes

Been flying nice with no fps drop now i ditched the WT 530 and the gtm 750

2 Likes

Great to here! Yes, gotta do what you gotta do to make things right in your own hands!

1 Like

:face_with_monocle::face_with_raised_eyebrow::thinking:

15 Likes

Still getting CTDs with this thing. But to be frank, I’ve realized Carendo at this point is just for looks.

Think it’s time to give up on Carenado products.

11 Likes

I have the same problem…so strange…did you find any solution for this?

The PC12 engine sound is like the sound of the Beaver…

The solution was to use a different plane.

I won’t mess again with carenado planes, they do not listen, they steal my time, they do not fix - so as simple - i stopped supporting this team! :+1:

11 Likes

Hi guys, any idea why I cant click on any off the buttons in the GTN750 (latest version is installed)
Strange thing is that I can click on the COM/NAV section but not on the other icons??

If You have installed WT GNS430/530 this is probably the reason. It causes a lot of issues as long as it is installed.

3 Likes

Thx a lot this was the issue! Works again!

1 Like

Hey guys!

I’m not sure if I’m missing something really obvious here, but is TAS displayed on the avionics? If so, where?

OMG we got an update today!!! Installing now and hoping the EIS is fixed (the white bar issue)

Just updated and took it for a short flight.

All looks and flies good for me, finally, so two thumbs up.

I did have some, er, “continuing dialog” with Carenado Customer Support over their slow progress on the fixes to some of the major issues with the PC-12, so glad they came through in the end. Thanks!

7 Likes

Just finished my first flight with the update, and all seems flawless here too, FINALLY. I did give it a bit of a softball flying in outback oz, but real test will be full ifr/ils through US or EU at least 2hrs, but so far pretty happy

3 Likes