Carenado Piper PA-28 update broke trim and sensitivities

If this helps, this is the eyepoint I have set now for the Carenado Arrow

[VIEWS]
eyepoint = -3.45, -0.9, 1.6

Inside the CAMERA.cfg

I have set it so there is enough movement left to fiddle about in the Camera Menu Settings

Once Asobo fix the current performance bug, I may get the JF Arrow instead of the Carenado. Right now, Iā€™m not buying anything as the sim is unplayable for me.

2 Likes

Same here, I got the Arrow when it first came out. Iā€™m on an addon strike, canā€™t risk trying to debug the sim and the AC at the same time :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am using the 3rd lever, the one on the right on top of my yoke
for the trim.

I have the Carenado Pa-28 and it works just fine - with zero impact on FPS. no problems with trim adjustment or AP. The LG airspeed warning is still annoying but they have it modeled accurately. It IS annoying even IRL
Camera views can be adjusted so easily I wonder why folks chirp about them at all

So you are using one of your levers for the trim axis? Have you got it set to the (-100 TO 100%) in the control settings. When Iā€™m using one of my levers for the trim in the Jabiru I have the sensitivity settings set at -70, and then fine trim with the throttle.

I restarted my computer and took off in the Arrow from Palm Springs Ca. and it seems that the plane trim problem has cleared up. Maybe booting the computer helped in some way? I donā€™t have any idea. Were there ridiculously high winds in Ohio State where I took off from. That may be also. Anyway is seems like the problem has cleared so the problem can be closed. Thanks you guys for all your help.

2 Likes

I can confirm trim working just fine for me.

Hello,
Discussion of third-party aircraft and mods goes in the Third Party Addons section. I have moved your post there.

Yes I am having this very same issue since the update that I loaded via content manager. I only fly in VR and I use the Honeycomb Alpha yoke. The elevator trim sensitivity is now set way to high making it almost impossible to fly. Is there a way to change that? Still also difficult to get the Arrow slowed down on approach.

Also I have noticed that since the update, when entering active pause, it translates your seating position way back. Then you have to readjust your seating position when coming back out of active pause.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this stuff or do I just wait for another update?

Hi All, I just purchased Carenadoā€™s PA28 181 Archer II. I can also say that it looks like the trim setting does not work. The symptoms for me are that once I set the trim either using my hot key or manually moving the trim wheel in the cockpit I see that the trim does move and the airplane react as expected. However just a few seconds later ā€œsomethingā€ resets the trim setting back to what it was prior to my adjustment. I have over 100 hours in a real Archer II, and that is not supposed to happenā€¦ :slight_smile:

Anyone else see this?

1 Like

some MSFS WU and SUā€™s have been known to cause changes to your flight control settings - check that you do not have ā€˜automatic trimā€™ or other ā€˜automaticā€™ flight controls enabled in the GUI.
It has gotten to the point that it is a good idea to check ALL of the GUI stuff - in the DATA, GRAPHICS, FLIGHT CONTROLS, just all of them after every update. Chances are good that something will have been altered by the update(s)

3 Likes

I just took her up for a quick 40 minute flight with zero trim issues (other than the normal MSFS schizo trim adjustmentsā€¦definitely not as steady as real Piper, Cessna, etc aircraft). Once adjusted the trim was true and steady throughout climb, cruise, and descent. Iā€™m using the Honeycomb Bravo trim wheel if that helps.