Carenado's updates

You simply mouse/place your pointer over it…turns to a hand… click and it opens. Click on the bottom button on the iPad and it goes back in the pocket.
My 182’s tablet is like yours…glued in the map pocket

1 Like

I’ve waved the pointer around all over it, it never turns to a hand. I just get a box with the words ‘Tablet Switch’ in it. I may try deleting and reinstalling, the content manager says its up to date, but I’m starting to think it might not be.

Thanks anyway

Would be great if Carenado addressed the overly sensitive steering in an update. Full deflection, even at low speed, will cause a wingtip strike on the taxiway. That’s just silly.

You should be able to open it during flight too. I had it open while flying the M20R today.(on PC)

It’s got to be a Carenado bug. Some aircraft it works…Some it dose not. And your correct…it’s supposed to be available at all times.

Definitely a bug, and not just XBox, some PC liveries (Seminole is only one I’ve checked) the tablet won’t open either.
Not sure if it’s all liveries that it wont work with on XBox, but worth checking if you haven’t already.

use an addon manager and have only one of those active at a time.

I use one. This happens during installation or update only, not when using the C170 or Seneca in flight.

Where is the click spot I can not find it, Used to be on the Yoke I looked all around?

in the door pocket of the co-pilot :wink:

1 Like

The latest update dorked the tablet. I cannot launch it now. Ripped/replaced the 337 from my install and it is still broken. Anyone else seeing this?

EDIT:
As mentioned above this is not the case for the default liveries. That means that the “panel.cfg” file for each each custom livery is the culprit.

I fixed the issue by adding the full Gauges path and Tablet path to the two sections below in the “panel.cfg” for each custom livery. These sections should look like this now.

//--------------------------------------------------------
[Vcockpit04]
Background_color = 0,0,0
size_mm = 512,512
visible = 0
pixel_size = 512,512
texture = $Carenado_Panel

gauge00 = …/…/Carenado_C337_Skymaster/panel/GAUGES_C377!Radio_KDI572_DME.xml, 0, 0, 485, 100
gauge01 = …/…/Carenado_C337_Skymaster/panel/GAUGES_C377!GEM6, 0, 110, 214, 211

//--------------------------------------------------------
[Vcockpit05]
Background_color = 0,0,0
size_mm = 1024,1024
visible = 0
pixel_size = 1024,1024
texture = $Carenado_Tablet

gauge00 = …/…/Carenado_C337_Skymaster/panel/TABLET_C337!WindowsAircrafOptions.xml, 0, 0, 834, 600

Version 1.6 just got released correcting the tablet bug. Also improvements in flight model, gauges, visual effects and a few other things. It’s nice to see Carenado updating their (old) product but it should take less time. At least for this specific aircraft and the tablet problem in some liveries. Nonetheless, better late than never.

You forgot the new/revised sound :slight_smile: - that impressed me the most :slight_smile:

I have almost all of Carenado’s planes. I am glad to hear of some updates, but it is ironic that in the thread named Carenado’s updates, we see “11 months later” for this post. :grinning:

That for the 337 ? Was that on there own site or MS Marketplace

CT182T SKYLANE

Just took the 182 for a spin. Seems to feel a bit better and the sounds have improved. Shame about the interior model still being messed up (window heights).

1 Like

I think you’re a bit wrong there! It is built that way!!! :wink:
Take a look at this video at about 5 min you can see very well how high the cockpit is opposite the side windows :wink: or at 7:30 - note the eye level of the pilots opposite the side windows - top edge! Carenado has done a 100% good job!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maiELzT4zoU

Sorry, but I fly this aircraft in the real world. Both the 182T and T182T, and I can tell you that it is way off.

1 Like

I guess I have the worse cards then :slight_smile: :v:
Of course I can only orientate myself by videos etc…
In all the videos I have seen so far, the pilots had to lower their heads properly so that they could look straight out of the side window.
Also in the linked video in comparison to the cockpit of Carenado it looks coherent to me.

Of course, you can’t compare all this with flying this aircraft in real life as you do.

1 Like