Caribbean Water Mask MIssing/Non-Existant

Most islands in the Caribbean have amazing water color and reefs. This is complete missing in MSFS. Take a look at Tortola or around Puerto Rico for example. Please fix.

UPDATE: Resolved? If you’ve read the rest of the thread, you would see the complaint is also that water masks are disappearing after being available. The Q&A does NOT provide an answer for this behavior, nor does it provide for when water masks would be covered at X% and be stable.

1 Like

I’ve noticed this too as I do a lot of Caribbean flying. It’s not so much a bug and more of a to do item. Hopefully the North America update will address this but don’t hold your breath!

Or South America, Central America and the Caribbean

2 Likes

LOL, my bad! I am one of the few who is in both the Caribbean and NA…

2 Likes

Completely missing from the Great Barrier Reef in Australia too. The entire reef system is non existent in MSFS.

1 Like

Worst is that nearly every video trailer shows aircraft flying over blue waters and sandbanks but also cannot find them anywhere they are supposed to be

2 Likes

I have yet to find any water mask area in the Americas that match expectations set by these videos, or remotely resemble real life. Now I’m sure there are some, but if you randomly pick a spot that you either know or can see from satellite imagery with such water features, it’s likely that you won’t find them in sim.

The same happens to me with a completely brand new top end computer built just for MSFS.

Visit Nassau/Eleuthera

Is there any other place in MSFS to have reefs like Eleuthera outside of the Bahamas anywhere in the wold?
None of the other reefs visible in Bingmaps are in the sim, unless there are some hidden ones that I have not discovered.
Nassau is not as in bing maps neither.

It looks like we can keep waiting for a long time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xI4mlSXdSY

1 Like

Just bumping this topic. Have noticed water masks are actually being removed from regions where there used to be before (e.g. Governer’s Harbour).

Would the team / devs please be able clarify why this is the case, as it goes against what was suggested in the last dev Q&A (where it was noted water masks would actually be added through ongoing data updates).

1 Like

I can second this observation. Beautiful coral reefs in the vicinity of South Caicos island (MBSC) I flew over just a couple of weeks ago are now gone. Replaced with milky-blue nothingness. Why eradicate these? It makes no sense.

Maybe the want to reintroduce them with a “world update” to earn some merits?

Yes, then remove it then another world update. :wink:

I too lost the Water Masks in most areas after World Update II. Then today, a few showed up, while others (notably South Caicos/ MBSC and Dahlak/Z10Y) did not.
What is showing nicely, for me, include:
Nassau (MYNN):

Faro (LPFR):

Providencia (SKPV):

Barbados (TBPB):

Hopefully some of these areas are working for other people.

4 Likes

No need to bump. Just know where to look. :wink:

Water masks were discussed in the last Q&A:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/state-of-water-masks/322710/9?u=hester40mt

Every Q&A from up voted questions to them can be found in the Archives at the bottom of the forum.

1 Like