Certain Trees lowering my FPS

Very curious to how they optimized the trees on the Xbox version in these areas.

Why would you have all your vram used? Play at higher resolution and graphics setting and it will use more vram.

VRAM usage is not an issue, itā€™s usually maxed out without performance drops; however, the FPS sometimes drops with the specific tree type.

The specific tree problem is frustrating because sometimes it works fine without performance drops; therefore, I know the problem is not necessarily pure hardware limitation.

Iā€™m no expert but from what Iā€™ve learned, Direct X 12 has the ability to not render objects outside the line of site.
Presuming this is true, this may save a lot of memory and processing resourcesā€¦

I understand the the xbox version will be direct x 12 out of the boxā€¦

Correction, its Direct X ā€œUltimateā€ that doesnā€™t render objects outside the line of site. Hopefully this is what the platform will be upgraded toā€¦

Flew around KATL area tonight and it doesnā€™t surprise me this has not been improved at all.

I took off there yesterday, on the ground it was horrible. I didnā€™t have a framerate counter on, but if I hit 15fps is was a lot. There were massive frame delays when I looked around at the gate. When I taxied out things started to improve. But every time I looked in the direction of the terminals, my framerate tanked. That makes me unsure itā€™s a trees issue. Because once I was in the runway and and took off over what appears to be a huge forrest around the city (are there that many trees there?!), my framerate fully stabilized and Iā€™m pretty sure I hit my usual 50-60fps.

It was only around the terminals that performance was absolutely horrible.

Iā€™m running the sim on a Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB RAM, AMD Radeon RX 6700XT and from a Samsung Evo 980 Pro.