Cessna 152 cockpit too small

In the Cessna 152 Pilots Operating Handbook under Section 6 page 8 you will find the dimensions.
1978-Pilots-Operating-Handbook-Cessna-152.pdf (longislandaviators.com)

1 Like

Definitely feels small… Not sure but it’s only that plane.
It was a little jarring the first few flights but I’ve gotten used to it.

It looks fine on my G2 and I have many many hours in the 152/150 for comparison. It is a small cockpit and yolk, I could barely fit in the thing

I fly in 152 all the time in real life and find the size in msfs in VR is right on so I don’t know what the op is talking about. Maybe something wrong with his eyes or he is not a real life pilot.

Was not trying to be an ahole. I truly suggested his eyes could have issue (like his eyes not average normal pd distance) and/or he is not real-life pilot. What’s with the defensiveness?!

I’ve never put my butt in a Cessna 152, but when I see the interior in RV, I feel like my 188cm could never fit in, unless I had my legs in the engine.
Afterwards, maybe in real life, that I couldn’t fit in a Cessna 152.

Look, again sorry to have offended you as it was not my intention but still you insist being rude.
People are not here to listen to childish fueds but…
I will state again it is MY opinion that in my PIMAX VR headset the 152 scale is exactly how it feels in real life(the flight characteristics though is another story)! I fly in a 152 in real life every week.

Following your message informing us that this Cessna 152 was indeed on a 1: 1 scale, I just went for a tour with it, although I had not retouched it anymore, because of this problem of dimension in VR.
I wondered if it hadn’t been updated, because I felt less cramped.

Interesting topic,

I also have the same feeling in the C152 and C172.
RL pilot (C152 and C172), I am aware that those planes are small in real.
But I also have a 1:! C172 scaled home cockpit that I use in VR with FS2020 or X-Plane11.
Curiously, my hands reach the lower commands (throttle, mixture or flaps handler) easier in xplane than in FS2020, which means that somehow, the “virtual proportions” fit more the real home cockpit.

Of course, in both sims, i adjust my “seat” as I would in real life (forward and up), so I sit almost at the same point in both sims

This link made reading this whole thread worth it. Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.