Cessna 172 Skyhawk (G1000) no approach options in FPL

I am new to MSFS 2020 and flying in the sim in general, I have been learning the ropes from the ground up! Using the G1000 I have played with many settings to master some ILS approaches and have been using the flight plan and autopilot to help me fly.

When planning a flight in the MSFS world view, I see many arrival options for my approach, including ILS and runways in my plan using Swansea (EGFH), but when I look to plan this flight from scratch in the G1000 I do not get any approach options. Why is this? Sometimes I see approach options for an airport and sometimes I dont. Is this normal? A bug?

That seems normal. EGFH doesn’t have any approach procedures going by Navigraph.

Maybe you mean to enter EGHH?

Thanks Yuudai5178, it is good to know that there are no approach procedures - so that seems normal. I have seen the same when trying to set up approach to EGHH. Sometimes I see the procedures in the G1000 and sometimes it just says “none”. I wondered if I had missed a step in the setup or just set something up wrong but could see anything wrong so wondered if this was a bug.

There have been a few posts about the MS nav data being incomplete but I use Navigraph so it isn’t something I noticed myself so that is maybe what your seeing.

This isn’t related to the C172 nor the G1000. This is due to the incomplete and erroneous nav database in MSFS.

Using my home airport as an example - it’s a controlled airport and there are 2 physical runways. 1/19, and 7/25. 19 has an ILS, and the other 3 approaches have RNAV.

Using stock sim data, the airport is considered an uncontrolled, untowered airport. It only has an ILS on 19, and an RNAV approach on 25. And if you follow RNAV 25 down, it will land you about 1 mile past the end of the runway into Lake Ontario. Considering the dominant winds in this area mean 25 is the most active of all runways, this is a problem! So there’s a combination of both missing data (the missing RNAV approaches) as well as incorrect data (uncontrolled airport, actual RNAV path of 25).

It doesn’t matter what plane I fly with what GPS. I can be using the steam gauge 172 or Mooney with the GNS530, any plane with the G1000, TBM with G3000, Longitude with G5000, etc. It’s always incorrect.

Using Navigraph, the airport is properly controlled, all frequencies match real world frequencies, and all 4 instrument approaches are there and correct, regardless of which plane I fly.

So yeah, it’s not a plane or G1000 related issue. It’s an issue with the NavBlue data MSFS uses.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.