Cessna 414 AP pitch wheel binding

Anyone know how to bind the pitch wheel in the Cessna 414?

1 Like

Hello,
We ask that people not use General Discussion for help, advice, or troubleshooting. Pleas use one of the green Community Support subcategories.

Your post has been moved to Community Support > Menus & Activities for a binding question.

I am also with the same challenge right now. I only need pitch wheel and fuel computer bindings and it would be complete. following

If you use AAO (or a similar program) set

wheel down to both:

AP_SPD_VAR_DEC and AP_VS_VAR_INC

and wheel up to both:

AP_SPD_VAR_INC and AP_VS_VAR_DEC.

In the MSFS control menu it would be the respective vertical speed increase/decrease and IAS inc/dec setting.

Set it to both so regardles whether you’re in IAS Hold or VS mode the wheel serves both. I think you can even set it to a pitch up/down setting as well but not sure atm, I’m not at my PC.

1 Like

I am using spad.next and those standard simconnect events do not work with the 414, I have already found some LVARS for it but they dont seem to do anything…
LVAR:PITCH_HOLD
LVAR:XMLVAR_NAVOMATIC_AP_PITCH_POSITION
LVAR:NAVOMATIC_AP_PITCH_INC
LVAR:NAVOMATIC_AP_PITCH_DEC
also creating H: or K: events did not help…

Are these the LVARs for the non GTN750/GNS530version? I‘m flying the version with the GNS so not sure about the „naked“ ap settings. In any case you could ask in their Discord channel, there are several guys around who really know this kind of stuff.

Im not even quite sure if theres a difference in the ap. Im flying the version with the MSFS-integrated WT GNS530. Might as well try the pms gns530 again to see if your events might work with that.

still cant get the pitch wheel to work with pms gns 530 installed. seems to be messing up the bus connections. some lvars and custom events also not working with this… might rest this bird for a while. I want to fly, not work lol

no idea why I havent found this before but it works. well it only controls the pitch but better than nothing. I found out also the honeycomb default profile autopilot works somehow for me now in the newest version there is again some dark magic going on in msfs I guess