Cessna Citation CJ4 Issues and Support

This is a bug and is fixed in the current SU12 beta build.

2 Likes

For some of those recurring questions:

3 Likes

For those folks in the SU12 beta, we encourage you to fly around with the most recent build released today, as it contains a number of flight model revisions based on community feedback, trying to balance that with pilot feedback.

We think itā€™s a large improvement in subjective feel from inside the sim, and are interested in additional feedback from users.

6 Likes

I noticed an odd number of passangers

max_number_of_stations = 10 ; Number of payload stations
station_load.0 = 185, 16.0, -1.2, 4, TT:MENU.PAYLOAD.PILOT, 1
station_load.1 = 000, 16.0, 1.2, 4, TT:MENU.PAYLOAD.COPILOT, 2
station_load.2 = 000, 8.0, -1.2, 4, TT:MENU.PAYLOAD.PASSENGER_01, 3
station_load.3 = 000, 8.0, 1.2, 4, TT:MENU.PAYLOAD.PASSENGER_02, 3
station_load.4 = 000, 4.0, -1.2, 4, TT:MENU.PAYLOAD.PASSENGER_03, 3
station_load.5 = 000, 4.0, 1.2, 4, TT:MENU.PAYLOAD.PASSENGER_04, 3
station_load.6 = 000, 1.0, -1.2, 4, TT:MENU.PAYLOAD.PASSENGER_05, 3
station_load.7 = 000, 1.0, -1.2, 4, TT:MENU.PAYLOAD.PASSENGER_06, 3
station_load.8 = 130, 11.0, 1.2, 4, TT:MENU.PAYLOAD.PASSENGER_07, 3
station_load.9 = 200, -1.6, 1.5, 0, TT:MENU.PAYLOAD.BAGGAGE_01, 6

Was wondering if Passanger 7 is the couch?

max_number_of_stations = 12 ; Number of payload stations
station_load.0 = 185, 16.0, -1.2, 4, TT:MENU.PAYLOAD.PILOT, 1
station_load.1 = 0, 16.0, 1.2, 4, TT:MENU.PAYLOAD.COPILOT, 2

station_load.2 = 0, 8.0, -1.2, 4, TT:MENU.PAYLOAD.PASSENGER_01, 3
station_load.3 = 0, 8.0, 1.2, 4, TT:MENU.PAYLOAD.PASSENGER_02, 3

station_load.4 = 0, 4.0, -1.2, 4, TT:MENU.PAYLOAD.PASSENGER_03, 3
station_load.5 = 0, 4.0, 1.2, 4, TT:MENU.PAYLOAD.PASSENGER_04, 3

station_load.6 = 0, 1.0, -1.2, 4, TT:MENU.PAYLOAD.PASSENGER_05, 3
station_load.7 = 0, 1.0, -1.2, 4, TT:MENU.PAYLOAD.PASSENGER_06, 3

station_load.8 = 130, 11.0, 1.2, 4, COUCH, 3

station_load.9 = 50, 13.0, -1.5, 0, CABINET FRONT LEFT, 6
station_load.10 = 50, 13.0, 1.5, 0, CABINET FRONT RIGHT, 6
station_load.11 = 100, -1.6, 1.5, 0, BAGGAGE REAR RIGHT, 6

Long w bench

Yeah, thereā€™s no multi-language tag for ā€œcouchā€ so pax 7 is the couch.

1 Like

The WT flight computer provides the arrival airport info in Arr Data but now its grayed out. Any idea?

Will flight plan ā€œ Discontinuitiesā€ be removed? Or improved?

There will always be discontinuities - normal real world behaviour. Some you need to remove - usually between the last Enroute waypoint and the STAR transition fix. Others are for vector and should be left in.

The only actual issue Iā€™m seeing now is that flight plans loaded via the world map that have departure or arrival procedures can have duplicate or incorrect transition waypoints. So you always have to check. I find it as quick to enter it manually in the FMC.

1 Like

Presently the discontinuity behavior matches the actual avionics. So, we donā€™t anticipate any changes there, since it is already accurate.

6 Likes

MFD Zoom Rocker Switch and Pan Map lever

Do these functions work in the new CJ4 update???

Iā€™ve read the manual and spent time in the cockpit getting familiar with the system and they seemingly do nothing. Unlike other ā€œinoperativeā€ buttons that say ā€œinoperativeā€ when the pointer hovers over the button, these seem to react to the mouse click and manipulation but do nothing. Am I missing something?

Thank you.

Iā€™ve noticed the same.

Those buttons do not do anything to the map in the real aircraft. They are only used to pan and zoom the chart function (which is not available in the sim CJ4).

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response and intel.

Iā€™ve come to this thread as a result of two bad experiences today and because I was searching threads that mentioned ā€œstudy level.ā€ One junked flight involved the bugged hydraulics of the upgraded Longitude and the other involved my fallback, the Citation, which I then gave up on when I realized that I had time for a flight, but not a flight AND relearning that FMS. (I ended up flying the Tiger Moth, enjoyably salvaging one of the two hours Iā€™d set aside for simming today.) My two cents: Well itā€™s all well and good to keep deepening the detail of these two aircraft, the ā€œGosh, if you look around online, and can figure out where the manuals are hiding, youā€™ll do fineā€ attitude needs a real rethink.

The PMDG737 has been in my hanger since COF2004, so Iā€™m no stranger to study level and the real joys that go along with that experience. The two Cessna jets, as currently packaged, are not in that league. What I think underlies some of the impatience expressed in some posts here is Microsoft/Asoboā€™s cavalier attitude toward foregrounding the resources that are necessary to learn an advanced addon. The Xbox set might be used to grabbing a controller and figuring things out on the fly, but that is definitely not ā€œas real as it gets.ā€ Itā€™s only as frustrating as hā€”; this sim is a long way from ā€œHalo.ā€

Hereā€™s an idea: i) put a bit more work into those manuals, and ii), embed a clear link to them in the relevant aircraft selection screen. (For the Citation, put the link in the FMS)

1 Like

Hi Bishop398.

One more for you and I think Iā€™m good.

On the left MFD, I cannot figure out how to change the data option at the very bottom of the MFD to show the GS/TAS/RAT/SAT/ISA banner instead of the cabin pressure information.

The right MFD has GS/TAS/RAT/SAT/ISA info Iā€™d like on the left MFD but I cannot figure out how to switch it. Is it possible?

BTW the manual only shows the GS/TAS/RAT/SAT/ISA on the MFD and not the cabin pressure data.

Thank you. Great update. Appreciate it.

Just downloaded it and tried it.

Overall on initial impressions is very good! plane once again felt light but still weighty, a vast improvement from AAU1

I posted a video a while back to help people work through the new FMS system but I wasnā€™t happy with some of how it turned out. I just uploaded a new and somewhat updated video, and I do cover discontinuities early on, and how you can handle them if you arenā€™t all about the 100% accuracy. I keep it easy and cover both some of the new required actions in creating a flight plan in the FMS and some quality of life stuff that isnā€™t necessary but adds realism. Itā€™s almost 2 hours long because I walk through everything step by step, but discontinuities are covered within the first 15-20 min or so where Iā€™m programing the flight plan.

I also found out that the battery is now accurately modeled while making this video. Oops. XD

1 Like

Canā€™t remove. Gives me a ā€œcanā€™t delete errorā€. And trying to replace it doesnā€™t work either. Also moving around waypoints just moves the discontinuitiy around.

If above the discontinuity is says: (vect)

Then those cannot be removed as they indicate a vectored part of the procedure.

Also, if you make a change to a procedure via the ARR/DEP page (IE changing the approach procedure to a different runway), it will reload all the procedures, this will include any STAR and any discontinuity associated with the last enroute waypoint and the transition waypoints -even if you already removed it you have to take it out again.

If this doesnā€™t doesnā€™t describe what you are experiencing and they cannot be removed by selecting DEL and the relevant left Line Select Key then it would be a bug. I note that some users have reported issues with FMC bugs on the WT Discord, but have not seen any that were Discontinuity related. You probably need to describe what you are experiencing in more detail with screenshots.