Not AAU1: Cessna Citation Longitude Flight Dynamics Modification Project

That’s next - I’ll update progress or lack thereof in a moment.

Sounds like this is going to be an exciting week!

I’ve heard a lot of people getting 1.14.6. Very weird but not surprised lol.

It’s not going to make it easy to resolve incompatibility for the mod if there are different versions of the sim floating around. Unfortunately, I likely won’t have a Longitude mod update until this sim update issue is resolved for all.

Ha, my profile section is empty and I have no way to get to the content manager. Nice…

1 Like

■■■■. You may want to look into this thread, several people have the same issue. Try rechecking your MS Store/Steam

There is an additional download in the ms store…1.2 GB…thereafter again an in game dowload of 4.73 gb

1 Like

Thanks - yeah, I’m doing the second update again. Hopefully this will do the trick. Thanks @nerbulus for the pointer.

1 Like

Okay everyone, fasten your seatbelts…

I’ve successfully installed the update. And I’ve also found that the Longitude mod now works without over-writing the layout.json file in the official Longitude content directory. So, for those of you who immediately went and reinstalled 1.83a and overwrote the layout.json file in the official directory, you will probably find your Longitude mod doesn’t work - you will now need to restore your default layout.json file. I tested my findings by confirming there is a new default official content layout.json file - check. Then I deleted the mod from the community folder and restarting the sim - default Longitude appeared - check. Closed sim. Installed just the aircraft-longitudeFDEfix folder into the community folder - check. Restarted the sim and, lo and behold, a working mod is installed - check. It appears Asobo have both changed the file naming convention for the encrypted contents and the file handling order for processing files in the community folder. Happy day.

I’d like others to confirm what I’m seeing. If anyone else can replicate my success, please let me know. If this is confirmed good I will not post an update, but will simply provide updated instructions for users of the mod.

6 Likes

Wow, that’s a major change. I’ll try it this afternoon.

Yep. If confirmed, this will take away that nagging issue of having to continually update layout.json with each asobo update and make this a community folder only install. That will likely make a lot more people inclined to use the mod and cause fewer issues with future updates. Keeping my fingers crossed.

7 Likes

So you’re saying JUST install the community folder and leave the new json?

Yes, correct. Just the community folder. Leave the new default layout.json alone - don’t overwrite, don’t modify it.

I just tried it and it works perfectly so far, great find! Thanks for your excellent work!

1 Like

will it open the possibility for you to mod more things that is/was locked before?

not that I can see. WT seems to be some of the issues with the PFD / MFD displays. And it appears that possibly Asobo has corrected some issues with the PFD speed tape and Mach readout.

Working here too. Nice!

I was in the WU4 Beta and it overwrote the Longitude layout.json, obviously. I didn’t bother to re-add it but the “FDE fix 1.83” still showed up on the livery variation section, meaning it was properly installed. I was really confused because I hadn’t re-added the json but now I realize that’s exactly what I needed to do… lol

That was similar to my experience. I installed the WU4 update to 1.15.7.0, didn’t make any attempt to re-install Longitude mod, and the Longitude mod was still showing up. I went to the trouble of verifying that there was a new layout.json in the official content folder. Checked this again through removal of the mod and checking that the default was available after restarting the sim. Reinstalled the mod without updating the official content layout.json, restarted the sim and voila the mod appeared. So I think thus far the verdict is that we no longer need to update our layout.json files with each successive Asobo update. Let’s hope that persists.

1 Like

Yeah it worked for me without having to replace the .json file. Funny I didn’t even think about it nor remember that I “needed to” change the file. Prolly woulda remembered if it hadn’t worked haha.