Not AAU1: Cessna Citation Longitude Flight Dynamics Modification Project

ILS not working either, Just did a flight into EGLL ILS 27R FMS mode on and APP on in the A/P … The right approach loaded up in the G3000 …AND Nothing … Did not switch to NAV ILS Mode

Also when I pause the game and go to setting and then come back the flaps are fully down and the stall warning is going off … Going to check to see if there is a key binding to the ESC key on the keyboard

There have been other discussions in the Cessna Citation Longitude forum and in this forum concerning shooting instrument approaches in the Longitude. There are various issues with the underlying autopilot and navigation functions. The mod does not address these issues (and can’t) because of encrypted file access limits.

Thank you for your reply … I will go and look :slight_smile:

New version 1.80 uploaded at flightsim.to

-Significant changes to engine parameters to achieve improved, “on the numbers”, climb performance at various aircraft weights. Aircraft should follow Cessna spec climb profiles (300 IAS to intercept Mach 0.8 - 457 to 460 KIAS for high speed climb, for example). The aircraft should be able to intercept M0.8 and hold this speed for a climb of approx. 23 minutes to FL430 at MTOW and 16 minutes to FL430 at a takeoff weight of 33k lbs. Climb profile used in Cessna’s testing for high speed climb is 290 KIAS to 10k feet (unrestricted climb), 300 KIAS to intercept with M0.8 (at approx. FL300) and hold M0.8 to cruise altitude.

-Adjusted engine thrust output as a function of N1 to bring this much closer to real world published N1 / performance results. The range of N1 values needed to maintain specific airspeeds, in particular at cruise, is quite narrow. This update improves performance to replicate this more narrow band of N1 vs thrust performance.

-Adjusted PID values for autothrottle to improve speed capture and hold speeds in general and with narrower N1 / thrust banding. There will be more/faster throttle lever movements and adjustments, especially at lower altitudes and airspeeds. This is somewhat experimental at this time.

-Adjusted aircraft lift paramaters to bring aircraft closer to real world V-speeds.

-Further adjustments to stall speed boundaries and aoa limits. However, achieving realistic stall performance at the manufacturer tested speeds has not been possible without disrupting other significant aspects of aicraft performance - the sim doesn’t read all values in the lift coeffiecient aoa table entries which makes this effort somewhat limited.

-Slightly increased elevator authority to increase pitch control, especially at lower speeds like during takeoff and approach.

-Corrected flaps lift coefficient after Asobo update from Feb. 16, 2021.

-Corrected missing altitude alert callouts in OnAir version.

12 Likes

I can copy over my systems file, right? I mean the previous one, because of the modifications I made to the lights.

Yes, that should work fine.

I have just tested version 1.8 works great.
Thanks for investing your time in this project

3 Likes

will this work with the steam version of msfs2020?

and i don’t like the idea of overwriting of stock files, why can’t you just make everything work from the community folder?

Whatever Dakfly219 says, do it, you won’t regret it. He should be developing the Cessna Longitude instead of Asobo.

2 Likes

Because the Longitude files are encrypted and Asobo won’t allow regular mods to work. You have to tell the simulator to not use the encrypted files. The way to do that is to overwrite the layout.json

2 Likes

meh, i’ll just stick the stock version

It’s just one file. Save a backup of the original, then overwrite. If you don’t like the mod, replace the ONE file with the backup you saved. Know this: even if you don’t save the backup, you can just reinstall the original Longitude, just sayin’. You won’t know what we enjoy until you’ve given this mod a try. Trust me, it’s worth it.

5 Likes

He’s allowed to stick with the stock version if he wants.

We’re allowed to let him know how good the mod is if we want to. Moreover, I don’t remember me or anyone for that matter, telling him he’s obligated to use the mod.

4 Likes

Nobody is saying otherwise

He’s just missing a really nice plane once modded

1 Like

Dakfly219 Nailed it on the 1.8 update, keep up the awesome work!
The Stock 700 is absolute trash and MSFS and Asobo should be embarrassed of it.
160+ Hours on the 700 now.

6 Likes

trying to install this for the first time and confused by the install readme…
firstly running the steam version of MSFS -
1)found the “official” folder underneath my community folder (assume this is the folder referred to under instruction part 1 - although my onestore is called steam?)
2)In part 2 and 3 of the install there is reference to a local cache directory - where is this? - all my MSFS folders are in the appdata/ roaming folder?
any help appreciated…

For STEAM: C:\Users[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\Steam\asobo-aircraft-longitude\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Longitude.

thanks - managed to find the “simobjects” folder which I presume you overwrite/merge with the mod folder of the same name? - at this level also have an RTC folder (next to the simobjects one) and also have a layout.json - but I have no effects folder here (which I can see is included in the mod) - is the “effects” a new one that you install?

also does the mod get the HUD working?

You are doing it wrong - please re-read the installation instructions

and no it doesn’t get the HUD working. That’s off limits by Asobo - encrypted