Not AAU1: Cessna Citation Longitude Flight Dynamics Modification Project

I’ve done some preliminary assessment of the Asobo update:
Resolved:
Fuel and weight
Autopilot stability at cruise altitudes
ITT at take off thrust

Still unresolved (not exhaustive as I haven’t thoroughly tested and documented all flight phases):
Thrust / drag still not anywhere close to spec
Fuel consumption is still quite inaccurate - low and high altitude
FLC mach switchover
Approach and landing speeds
Ground handling

Am testing a patch for my mod which I will post once I can confirm working. Would appreciate any feedback of issues or install problems.

I only tested at 3000’ and the plane was slowly weaving left/right

I only tested at FL400+ but not surprised you’d see some issues like this.

Patch is up - V1.41 available at flightsim.to

4 Likes

man you work fast! Thank you for eveything!

1 Like

Thanks for getting this update out so quick. So far the flight dynamics feel like pre sim update with 1.4 but I am noticing the plane swing on autopilot nav mode. I had to switch to heading mode to keep it stable.

Noted your issue. I’ll look into it for an update I’m planning in a couple of days.

1st time playing with different liveries.
Do I have to put ‘‘layout.json’’ in every new livery folder?

No. Don’t do that it will break stuff.

1 Like

I know it’s a bit offtopic, but, does anyone know if the workingtitle-g3000 will work with this update?

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/cessna-citation-longitude/154208/791?u=genbrien

FLC works really well now (in knots) /(mach still doesnt work well)

If the left/right problem would be fixed it would be perfect

so far I haven’t had trouble with the mod but I didn’t do any big modifications during flight. The only thing I’ve updated after the sim update was this dynamics mod and the working title seems like it kept working.

I took a moment and was able to confirm the problem with Nav hold with my mod package. It’s not even a wing rock or swaying issue - it’s like the AP can’t properly track the course line and just sort of meanders about parallel to the course line. If you can confirm that’s what you observe as well that would help.

It may take a little while to determine the source of problem and a solution. Hopefully Asobo haven’t created a hard to solve problem.

Yes that’s exactly what I observed though on my descent it seems to have done a better job than climb out and cruise. Thanks for looking into it. Your mod has made the world of difference. I just had a gorgeous landing at LOWI that definitely wouldn’t have happened without this mod.

+1

Its not paralel though.

Its turning slowwwly left than slowwwwly right
Back &forth during ascent&cruise

yes… same here. and btw the workingtitle seems to be… well… working lols

Im sorry if it was already asked, but would it be possible somehow to add altitudes/minimum callouts?

1 Like

Unfortunately, no. Not with my lack of access to xml file library for the a/c. That would be nice though, huh.

I guess I meant that what I saw was the aircraft would get parallel to the course line, within a few miles, and then slowly turn left and right back and forth and never actually find its way onto the course line. Very odd behavior. I saw another mention that the FLC mode is working better now - couldn’t tell if that was with the mod or with the default. You or anyone else seeing improvements there?