Not AAU1: Cessna Citation Longitude Flight Dynamics Modification Project

No probably not. I’m going for performance and specs close to the real a/c and it’s quite time consuming as is. You’re welcome to modify the files I’ve uploaded to do this and restore the asobo spec’d weights and fuel load and so on.

Thank you for this mod. The longitude is very good now, specially the speeds and the controls sensitivities. I use the G3000 mod too, amazing combo.

You’re very welcome. I’m working on further refinements and some minor fixes as well. Stay tuned!

2 Likes

@Dakfly0219
There’s two more observations I made with the autrothrottle:

When engaging autothrottle on ground, the engines immediately spool up. Shouldn’t they be spooling only upon pressing TO/GA button?

At the same time auto-thrust is set to 100% which leads to excess of limits:

2020.11.25-21.22

On the other hand, when setting takeoff thrust manually I can only achieve 75% N1 without exceeting ITT limit:

2020.11.25-21.18

To your first point, I have not made any attempt to address the autopilot and autothrottle functions. To your second point, I’ll be looking at engine temps and N1/N2 ratios and so on as I work on this further. Right now, I’m working on trying to achieve more realistic fuel consumption numbers in mid-altitudes and low altitude - which are unrealistically low at the moment. The sim does a poor job of handling thrust derate with altitude so I’m having to do some work arounds.

1 Like

Great, thank you!

As for the autothrottle operation on ground it could be possible that the system must be engaged once airborne only. However to clear this we would again need the voice of a real Longitude pilot.

Here’s a response from a real-world Longitude pilot about AT. It’s complicated and not modeled in the sim:

Auto Throttle functionality not properly emulated, per Cessna’s (Textron Aviation) advertising. Here is how autothrottles function in the real plane (thanks to UnbilledLand644, real-world pilot):
Our SOP’s have us push the TOGA button before engine start to bring the flight directors up to the correct pitch. We also set either HDG or NAV mode depending on the departure procedure. The autothrottles are armed on the ground just prior to takeoff. You will see a white TO annunciation. The pilot then advances the throttle and around 40-50%, the autothrottle takes over and moves the throttles to takeoff power. If the autothrottle does not enter HOLD mode by 65 knots, you will receive a red AT FAIL CAS message (this usually happens if you bring the throttles up to slowly before the autothrottle moves them to takeoff power). The throttles will not move in HOLD mode until after 400’. Our SOP’s typically are engaging FLC after gear up.
The throttles move throughout the flight to match the thrust level being used. If you move the throttles yourself any time the AT is engages, it will disengage.
On approach, after full flap extension, you must switch from FMS speed to MAN speed. At 500’ AGL, you will set the manual speed to ref + 3 knots. At 50’, the autothrottle moves the throttles to idle and disengages

5 Likes

That’s already been addressed in V1.22. The list I provided are either new as yet to be addressed issues or areas for further refinement.

Any chance for another site? As im always being block by firewall, it says " Firewall - Action blocked

Your have been blocked due to abusive behaviour. Please make sure not to use public VPN or proxy services, as they may affect your rating. If you think this is a mistake, you may contact us. In any case, disable VPN services and access the website from your residential network."

This is the first time that im downloading to this site
Thank you

@TutoredSpace804 If you use a popular VPN ie like ExpressVPN, Nord etc… you sometimes get msg as you mentioned, just change your vpn IP to another country, server if you use US ones . They monitor IPs like Netflix, but VPN providers are always changing IPs aswell, so you will find one IP they have not flagged…

Yes. It appears to be fixed with the latest Nov update. Took the Longitude to FL 420 last night on a long flight from Ohio to Texas. Worked beautifully for me. Steady as a rock.

Hi,
First of all THAK YOU SO MUTCH. Really.
One of the main reasons i bought MSFS 2020 WAS the Bizjetes and Turbopros.
But i have a small issue since last update .
Can you please take a look at the images i’m attaching.
This happen when i reach cruise level and after 20 min ± , saty like the 2 image.
Any ideias why ?
The only external addon i have is FSTramp wich have been helping a lot to fly IFR.
Before last update evferything was working 100% .

Thank you.
Stay all well

First, are you on V1.22 of my mod and are you looking for help my mod? I’ve not experienced this issue yet with my build. Second, looks like generators have stopped working and/or batteries have drained off. The pictures you posted aren’t high enough resolution to be sure, but it looks like you may have at least one generator switch in off position. Not sure why that would happen unless you have turned them off or didn’t activate them prior to flight.

Do you have your L&R Gen switched on?

Hi
Yes i’m on v1.22
yes the generators are on.
I’m about to do a second test here. I think i did a mistake during instalation.
I will start a flight now. give me 30 40 mintes to reply back.
I can give you a help if you need for the development of this mod .
I fly everyday 2 flights with this beautifull bird.
I’m not a pro but if i see i can help you i will as long you needed.

I can’t think of an installation mistake that would affect just the electrical system. It either works or doesn’t. I certainly could give you some test flight patterns to try if you’re interested in helping. Right now I’m working on a new update with a variety of further refinements based on some detailed performance charts from Cessna for this aircraft.

I spot i miss one step.
Copying the cfg files to Asobo Cessna Longitude . I left this part for the end. The rush to put this bird on air made me forget to copy those files.
Problem sort out.
Working 100%.
THANK YOU.
Ignore the route on PFD i’ m using FSTramp autopilot and route.

Now how can i help you?

When I post my new version I will want some testers to evaluate performance toward Cessna’s specs and I’ll be interested in getting help coming up with solutions for problems presented by limits within the Asobo simulation model.

Is there any mods out there (or in development) to improve the systems (or add hud functionality) or is this what we have? I really want to see the hud working here.