CH Pro Pedals - Braking Issue (one braking axis affects the other)

Hey y’all!

Today arrived my new CH Pro Pedals.
I started assigning the rudder axis and it worked out fine.

But then I mapped my left and right brake axises and now I’m having an issue:
When I only assign the left brake to the X Axis (as recommended), my left brake does move BUT the right one too. It brakes all the way and it won’t realase.

It’s the exact other way around when I’m assigning the right brake. Right brake does what it should but the left one brakes too and won’t release anymore. It’s so weird, 'cause NOTHING is mapped to the other brake.
It makes sense that nothing good comes as a result when assigning both axises to the associated brakes.

Funny is, that it KINDA works when I invert the axises.
The right brake realeases when I push the right toe brake and the same for the left. And only these. But that inverted mapping is of course not what I want :smiley:

I just wonder if anyone else is facing this problem because I couldn’t find anything close to this in the internet yet.

I already checked if it was peripheral issue, I cleared all other assignments for the brakes but - didn’t help.

May I got a defect device?

Thanks for your help, cheers!

Try this instead:

LEFT BRAKE : Joystick L - Axis X+

RIGHT BRAKE: Joystick L - Axis Y+

RUDDER AXIS: Joystick Slider X

Works only halway. Yes, now only one brake activates, but it’s no axis behaviour now. It only 0% or 100%.

But thank you for the tip buddy!

I have this rudder and not seeing this

Think I’m gonna buy a new one and see, if the issue remains…

CH makes a program you can test it. Forgot what it was call but I know its there

I can try it today and see if the problem with with MSFS 2020, I use FSUIPC 7

You mean the CH Control Manager? :smiley:
I heard it is outdated due to an retired employee…

I’m believing more in your thought that it may be a hardware issue.

I’d suggested what I discovered with my (truly ancient) CH rudder after having tried most of the combinations of axis-enabled options - none worked.

The combination I suggested is what made the brakes work as-if they had an axis - ever increasing drag when continously pressed - without also acting as if they were a locked-on parking brake at every stop after landing. YMMV.

Presumably too that the subsequently suggested program refers to the ancient CH calibrator. With it you could quickly verify that physical rudder/brake activity are reflected in a digital response.

Scroll down to the CH Control Manager link, here:

I have the CH pro pedals too, although mine are about 15 years old… I have no issue.

Maybe first check them in Windows “USB Game Controllers” .

And iportant: Be careful when calibrating there. To set the center point, you have to press the pedals halfway. Otherwise they will not work correctly.

I had the same issue with my ch pedals. I went to USB Game Controlers and cleared my calibration. That fixed it.

It’s because you can’t assign an axis to “Left Brake” or “Right Brake”, it must be “Right Brake Axis”

1 Like

Today the new one arrived, but I still have the issue.

And if you think about it: a hardware problem does acutally not make any sense :smiley:
Hardware that isn’t even assigned (right toe brake in this case, like in the first example) shouldn’t cause any trouble software wise…
Because when I assign the left toe brake, and ONLY the left one, it also activates the right one too in the sim, with nothing even mapped to it. So it HAS to be a software issue.
Of course I checked that no other peripherals have anything assigned too…

Which is weird, because appearantly no one else but me is having this issue… :smiley: :frowning:

But thank you all so far again :slight_smile:

That makes 0 - 100% sense :+1:

1 Like

To match your config, I mapped my left brake as axis and deleted the right mapping. The result is that the left brake works and the right brake doesn’t move at all - as you would expect. (BTW, both the pilot and copilot pedals move in sync.)

I reversed the above and saw the same result from the opposite perspective, again as you’d expect if all were functioning as it should.

Hardware-wise, are you using the same USB port for both the original and new pedal units? If so, I’d try a different USB port on the slight chance that the problem is port specific.

BTW, I now use the axis setting for both brakes and they work as they should, that is: braking without including the earlier issue of (effectively) locking the parking brake ON upon stopping.

I don;t have a Rudder pedal, but I would though there are 2 options

(1) The best … 3 axis, Rudder, left brake, right brake

(2) Not so good, 1 axis Rudder, and left brake and right brake on Buttons (ie Digital on/ off)

This is what I have with a Twist Joystick with Buttons. (MS Sidewinder 2 FF )

Note: when Brakes are told to go on with a button, they are not an immediate reaction. They progressively go on when the button is pressed, and progressively go off when released.

To get an intermediate amount of breaking, you can pump the button on/off.

Works well for me … so much so, I have held off getting REAL Pedals, despite being a RW Pilot.

Sounds something like an Ercoupe in disguise!

:slight_smile:

Yeah, but I got one with 3 axises and I would really not like to map those brakes a buttons, because that’s not what it is supposed to do :smiley:

Already tried that, not USB port related…
Running out of options here… It’s just so weird.
I read somewhere that when you have two or even more input devices, the sim takes the last one providing information change and overrides the first, so, just to be sure, I disconnected all other peripherals and disassigned all standard brake mappings on the keyboard… But (who would have thought) … no success…:sob: :joy:

Not understanding why you cannot map the pedals as a 3 axis device, assuming the Brakes are POTS, and not just switches.

If they really are switches, then I believe the Asobo code, fakes applying and removing the brakes pressure over a short time, when the digital switch is turned on/off.

That’s how I see the left & right Brakes go on/off when I have the assigned to 2 Buttons on my Joystick.

Well I can, but it’s clearly not working…
When I assign only the left toe brake to the left brake axis and I’m braking, the right one brakes too. Altough of course it definitely shouldn’t.