CH Yoke and CH Rudder Pedals

This thread may be of some assistance

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ch-products-yoke/124611/42

I have a CH Eclipse. When binding the elevator, ailerons, throttle, mixture and prop do a search for “Axis” . Make sure you have “All” and not “Assigned” in your search. If still having problems I’ll post a screen shot of the mappings your having trouble with.

2 Likes

that would be awesome if you can post a screen shot. Im having the same issue

1 Like

CH Eclipse - same issue

I’ll put some screen shots out tonight.

My earlier binding screen caps are already referenced above. The CH Yokes absolutely do work well with the sim, but you have to get over the learning curve of using the Options > Controls setup screen. Believe me I totally understand that this seems overwhelming and confusing (especially without any documentation!). Rick

Here are some generic “tips” for setting up your own custom bindings and Profile.

• The Filter defaults to “Assigned” which only shows the commands that are currently bound to the selected controller. If the controller doesn’t have default bindings, you won’t see anything! To see all the commands, change the filter to “All”. To see a recommended set of starting commands select “Essential”. The “Search By Name” will let you narrow down the (very long!) list of commands. Helpful Name searches are “Axis” (see below) and the various views “Cockpit”, “Instrument”, “Drone”, “External”.
  • To bind an input (button, switch, slider, axis) you don’t need to know the actual input number for your controller. MSFS can recognize the input just by activating it during binding. When you click on a command, it will bring up the “binding window”. Click on the space that says “Search By Input” and it will light up. Now physically activate the input on your controller. The space should fill in with the input number. Click “Validate” to complete the binding.
  • All “linear” controls need to use the “AXIS” commands, not the basic commands. That is the issue you are having with your control inputs. This includes control surfaces, engine controls (throttle, etc), brakes, etc. Basically anything that needs proportional input will use the “Axis” version of the command.
  • Unless you have a complex throttle quadrant with multiple throttles, make sure you bind your Throttle to the “Throttle Axis” command and not any of the numbered Throttles. This will control all throttles on multi-engine aircraft simultaneously.
  • My example has the “Hat” control bound to the “Quickview” camera controls. These are the ones that snap back to center. If you would rather have the Hat do smooth panning, use the “Cockpit Look” commands and not the Quickview ones.
  • You can actually access and change Control bindings while inside the live sim (use Esc to get to the main menus). This is helpful if you are trying to fine tune or debug things.
  • You can create multiple binding Profiles for each of your Controllers. This is helpful if you want to map your controls differently for different aircraft. It is also useful if you need to adjust the Sensitivity settings differently for different aircraft. Just make sure you select the correct Profile for each session.
  • I have not used any external controller management or calibration applications or drivers. If you do, your mileage may vary! For sure any control input assignments you make outside MSFS will not carry through inside the sim. The CH Manager application has caused problems for some users of CH products.
  • Adding an Xbox Game Controller (wired or wireless) makes controlling the Drone Cam and Slew really easy and intuitive! MSFS immediately recognizes it and sets up all the bindings by Default.

I would also highly recommend the following Guides and Tutorials. I think the investment in time and learning curve is worth it. In the end you will have controller setup’s that are uniquely yours and that will make your time in the sim more immersive and enjoyable.

2 Likes

My CH Eclipse works great?

Take a look at these.

I am new to FS. Is the throttle axis supposed to be -100 to +100? Seems for the CH FlightSim Yoke, it’s tough to find the 0 spot.

I have the Eclipse where the throttle, prop pitch and mix control are on the yoke.

I use “Throttle Axis” for, well the throttle (Black).“Propeller Axis” for prop( Blue). “Control and Mixture Axis (0 to 100%)” (Red).

Make sure you have “ALL” selected in the filter and not “ASSIGNED”.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

I own three CH products which I have used in the past. They are all being ‘recognized’ by my PC but MSFS is not recognizing them at all. If I plug in a controller, it does recognize that. I am curious as to why there is an issue recognizing CH products in some cases.

Are you using Steam? If so, I had the same problem. Try this.
go into the properties (right click on MS Flight Simulator) in Steam app and change ‘Steam Input Per-Game Setting’ to Force Off.

My CH Yoke not working. I went in and fix with controls but will not work correct. Does any one know the setting for this problem? What the best yoke for MFS 2020?

After 12hr to down load now can’t get off the ground :frowning: :hot_face:

1 Like

The CH yokes work but you have to do all the assignments yourself.

See this post for details (replace dot com with .com):
forums.flightsimulator dot com/t/ch-flight-sim-yoke-mapping-how-to/144935

Unfortunately those of us using the CH products have to manually build our bindings from scratch. There are a number of threads on this now including one where I show a sample profile for the Yoke. It is a bit of a learning curve, but once you get them set up, your custom Profiles are saved to the cloud. Learning to use the Controls setup system is also really powerful so you can customize your controls the way you want.

You will want to check out this very detailed video from Squirrel on YT that walks through the whole Controls setup screen in detail. It seems pretty overwhelming but the process is pretty logical once you understand it.

Let me know if I can help with any other questions. Rick

A couple of additional tips …

• You are going to be using the “Axis” commands for all inputs that are linear (proportional) like control surfaces, engine controls.

• You will be creating new separate custom Profiles for your Yoke and Pedals. Work on one at a time. You can actually modify these while live in the sim which is a great way to fine tune things and fix things that don’t work the way you want.

• You are going to be using the “Axis” commands for all inputs that are linear (proportional) like control surfaces, engine controls. Don’t use the “standard” non-axis commands or the controls will be “all on / all off”.

• You might prefer to use the “Cockpit Look” commands for your Hat button rather than the “Cockpit Quickview” commands I showed on my example. The “Look” commands provide smooth panning vs snap back views.

• Consider adding an Xbox Game Controller once you get a little flight time under your belt. It is a very easy, slick way to control Slew and the Drone Cam!

I have the CH Eclipse, it’s totally not working. I can’t even manually assign axis or switches. When I open the Windows version of game controller calibrate, it shows the yoke as being locked up, I can’t get any feedback from it. Then after a few minutes, MSFS experiences CTD. After this happens, my yoke works fine.

:UPDATE: after a few CTD, I switched USB ports a few times, relaunched, and now my Eclipse is working. Though I have to manually assign the controls, which I do on any Fl Sim.

1 Like

I set mine ‘once’ and it doesn’t recognize that… nor the 6 others behind I tried ‘to fix’ whatever went wrong with the 1st?.. now?.. I can’t get my flight surfaces to recognize my plane PERIOD… just B$ weekend and my techs have bailed…

present manager dosent work with ch products yoke which means i have to map every key do anybody have solution cheers

Unfortunately those of us using the CH products have to manually build our bindings from scratch. There are a number of threads on this now including one where I show a sample profile for the Yoke. It is a bit of a learning curve, but once you get them set up, your custom Profiles are saved to the cloud. Learning to use the Controls setup system is also really powerful so you can customize your controls the way you want.

You will want to check out this very detailed video from Squirrel on YT that walks through the whole Controls setup screen in detail. It seems pretty overwhelming but the process is pretty logical once you understand it.

A couple of quick tips to help …

• You are going to be using the “Axis” commands for all inputs that are linear (proportional) like control surfaces, engine controls.

• You will be creating new separate custom Profiles for your Yoke and Pedals. Work on one at a time. You can actually modify these while live in the sim which is a great way to fine tune things and fix things that don’t work the way you want.

• You are going to be using the “Axis” commands for all inputs that are linear (proportional) like control surfaces, engine controls. Don’t use the “standard” non-axis commands or the controls will be “all on / all off”.

• You might prefer to use the “Cockpit Look” commands for your Hat button rather than the “Cockpit Quickview” commands I showed on my example. The “Look” commands provide smooth panning vs snap back views.

• Consider adding an Xbox Game Controller once you get a little flight time under your belt. It is a very easy, slick way to control Slew and the Drone Cam!

Let me know if I can help with any other questions. Rick

I’ve been using the CH products Flight Sim Yoke type FSY211U for years now with several flight sims. And with all these flight sims it was just a matter of plugging in the Yoke and away you fly.

But not with MSFS2020.

What do I have to do to get this yoke working and what are the correct settings for all the yoke functions in this flight sim.