Change name tag in the game pls

too big too big too big

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Smaller player nameplates

I think Microsoft should re think or have a chat with Xbox cause Xbox charges $9.99 to do a tag name change , they allow you to change it once for free, personally I think this is a bit of a ripoff, why charge for something like that? Especially for the kids sake out there who like to give them selves a nickname and who want to change it after a while, now they can’t, I don’t think the parents will be too charmed to have to pay for name tag changes, there is going to be a lot of unhappy disappointed kids out there.

1 Like

That’s a lesson learned over many years, you can’t have people changing their names at will, griefers and dirtbags abound, and if they are allowed to do that there is no end of problems. You could say “well, there could be a reporting system and the dev could track and follow them from name to name”. No company wants to spend manpower and money to do that. So making it an out of pocket expense is a perfect solution. Or maybe allow one or two free name changes a year. But at will? No way.

There is a simple solution to that when you register an account you have to supply an email address so if you change your tag name regardless you still linked to the same email address so for those who want to troll and cause havoc its simple rapport the tag name and no matter what the user does and try and change the tag name again he / she will be warned for the first offence and banned there after.

They changed them! Thanks Asobo. This should be closed now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there,
I have moved your post and some of the on-topic conversation to another post on the same request.
I know that this is an older post, but I want to make a reminder that we always encourage searching for a topic before creating a new topic, especially in the voteable sections like Wishlist and Bugs & Issues. The reason for this is that having multiple topics open for an issue causes people’s votes to be spread thin among many topics instead of concentrated into one topic. Thank you for your understanding.