Changes in Active Runway (Little Nav Map)

I have a question to those who use Little Nav Map. I’ve saved a lot of flight plans between numerous airports, and to save them I had to select a departure runway, departure procedure, approach and STAR for the arrival. But sure enough, when I went into MSFS and activated the flight plan and appeared at my gate, the active runways at both my departure and arrival airports had changed. Today I ignored my departure procedure and took off using the runway ATC instructed me to use, but when I lined up to land, sure enough I saw planes taking off coming right at me. I’d like to resolve that correctly in the future.

The question is, what process would you (or do you) use to do it correctly? Do you determine the active runways before you set up your flight and change your flight plans in LMN? Do you just ignore your departure and arrival plans and take off and land as per the active runways then link back up with your flight plan? I’m very new to using LMN and I want to do the right thing if possible. Thanks for your input.

I use LNM’s weather tab to check the recommended runways based on weather at that moment. Using that information I next select the departure and arrival procedures for that runway.

It will match with MSFS active runway. Although occasionally there could be an opposite runway in use at arrival airport. If that’s the case I just follow what I have planned because MSFS ATC would use what I had planned and provide the landing clearance.

ATC will follow the LNM generated flight plan that was exported into MSFS and used for the flight setup.

1 Like

Thanks, I see that tab now. So you create your flight plans on the fly (no pun intended)? If that’s the case, that makes sense. I saved like a dozen of them so I could just boot up and fly, but now I see where that might not have been a good idea.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.