Changing keybind reverts it to default keybind

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

I sometimes use developer mode - just because it’s fewer clicks to get to “invincibility mode” and you can turn it off while not in menu. I think it’s irrelevant to the issue

Brief description of the issue:

Whenever I change keybind it stops working (reverts to default)

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

I have custom views mapped to 1,2,3,… instead of alt+1,alt+2,… If I change the keybind 1 to any other key it will revert to alt+1 and nothing that I change past this point will change that. It still shows as changed in the menu but it won’t work in the game. Same applies for the joystick and I assume all other input devices
PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Intel(R) Core™ i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
z590 extreme motherboard
32,0 GB RAM
Nvidia geforce gtx1070

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

after SU8

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If you unplug all but keyboard and mouse, does it still happen?

I tried. Didn’t work. Or it did… IDK When only mouse & keyboard was plugged in I tried more troubleshooting. I found a solution but now I will never know if the unplugging was part of it. Best keep it included if someone else has similar issue.
Ok, on to my solution: In main menu (it doesn’t work like that if you are in a plane) I had to clear the default and alternate keybind. Then put the desired input. THEN go and change it to start functioning [on release] ad validate again. That’s it. Simple and elegant LOL.
In my case if I had keybind set on [on press] it would spam the key a few times if I wouldn’t press it super fast. It works as it did before the update now.

1 Like