Checking for Updates Screen - Stuck

Same issue.

Similar issue: Unable to log in to MS services after failed update attempts - #4 by MTpiperpilot

same issue here
tried everything. updated graphics card. updated windows. emptied community folder. uninstalled the ■■■■ sim completely, then reinstalled… still not working.

nice update!

Also stuck on checking for update screen.

Removed “community” folder and recreated it. Doesn’t seem to work for others here. Can at least download the update now.
Feel like the game should tell me if it has a problem like that. Rather than it sit there fat, dumb and happy.

I solved the problem (more by luck than judgement). Opened Steam and right clicked on MSFS selected uninstall (thinking I’d try and start all over again). However, what it then did was start the smaller 2nd update again. I left it going overnight, not expecting anything, but in the morning there I was on open screen ready to go. Not been a problem since. Like I said, just pure luck, but it worked for me.

1 Like

I completed all the updates and then it would crash on loading screen.I have try to run it 5 times and on the 5th attempt its now working.So frustrating having to spend days after each update trying to figure out what is wrong with the sim…

I also have this problem.
I don´t now if there is a link between, but I also have an Error on the latest Windows Update (0x8007000d).

best regards

Exactly the same issue here - community folder completely empty, but stuck on ‘checking for updates’ screen.

ok so finally several reinstalls and 2 days later, I’m finally back in the cockpit. Found that moving my entire community folder even if it had no mods in it or any files for that matter before doing update. After that that nice 172 gig files came down the pipeline and then go into content manager for the additional 26 gig world updates. I think if I would have moved that stupid folder before attempting reinstall I might have had much better results earlier on if there were clear and obvious instructions to do so

1 Like

I have the same issue. Program locks in the Checking for Updates screen.
My case is very similar to Kyleco5088 above.
After downloading the 1.15.8.0 update from Micrososft Store, the program was initiated and the downloading started after checking for updates.
After 10 minutes of downloading I had an energy shutdown in my home. When I rebooted Windows and started again the Flight Simulator, the freezing started.
Does anyone knows where the downloaded files go before MSFS moves them to the Official folder?
Thanks

I had a similar, but different issue. My issue was never resolved, but I found a work around. I installed it on my second SSD, and it worked fine. I cannot get it to work on the original SSD it was on. Mine is likely an Xbox credential corruption issue or Steam issue that occurred following an internet outage during updating - more here: [Unusable Sim] Unable to log in to sim after failed update attempts - #6 by Matt72580

try moving your community folder to another directory
…even if there are no mods…that finally worked for me after trying to reinstall several times…think if I did that initially I would have been much better off

Try moving your community folder, even if its empty, , I had the exact same issue…once I moved comm folder out of directory…it all came down the pipeline all 172gib and then an additional 26gib after that installed…yea about 10hrs of time here so strap in for the longhaul…good luck!!

Try moving your community folder, even if its empty, , I had the exact same issue…once I moved comm folder out of directory…it all came down the pipeline all 172gib and then an additional 26gib after that installed…yea about 10hrs of time here so strap in for the longhaul…good luck!!

Move your community folder to another directory…even if it empty…I had this issue knaw at my mind for like 2 days before I tried this thinking it wouldnt make a difference but Im so frkkn glad I was wrong just wish I ould have realized this before uninstalling and reinstalling

1 Like

I’m afraid I have exactly the same issue; checking for updates. It’s acting as if a program or something is blocking the servers. I’ve alerted Zendesk support and they have got back to me saying that it is a bug and has been noted and reported. Hopefully the team can get back to us and deal with this error eventually.

well i just mentioned I guess what you can call a work around and it finally worked for me

yep xplane craps all over msfs…

1 Like

I also had my initial download disrupted due power outage/ pc shutdown midway. Stuck in checking for update screen forever after that… during the initial download some of the latest files were already installed into my officiall folder. So i sorted by date and i deleted all files with the latest date, and restart game…check for update and download proceed normally again.

7 Likes